•01• qanootshahid14

Last year, I had read a book titled “Deewani” and after reading that book I myself became Deewani of it's writer.

In this part, our favourite author qanootshahid14 has shared her ten tips of creative writing.

So here you go...

• • • • • • •

- Plan ahead. Have details ready before you begin

Well, this is something new. As a reader I have noticed that most of the amateur writers first began with writing story and build the plot simultaneously. Means, they themselves don't know what exactly they are going to write.

And honestly, it gives you headache to create a new twist.

So, my dear future writers, don't enter the battlefield of writing a story without proper planning, else you are dead.

- Have a clear vision of what you want the outcomes to be.

This line means more than what it says.

A bad ending ruins the whole fun.

- Write slow and dont be afraid to start over

What if I say I am struggling to write a particular story for last three and a half year? And I have started over more than ten times.

I think I can understand this a little more than others, because I have experienced it.

It's tough, but when you will end that story, you'll feel as if your life's motive has been completed.

- Pay attention to what your mind and heart want

This is something I will definitely keep in my mind while writing from now onwards.

Because when you write from heart, it reaches to the hearts of the readers.

- Take sufficient breaks

Who's saying this!?

The one who writes ten books in a year!

Jokes apart, sometimes constantly writing can also be depressing.

Just like we need vacations during studies, we also need a little vacation from writing.

- Do not force yourself to write

Well, this is something I do a lot. I force myself to complete my short stories as soon as possible.

But we need to understand that we are not obligated to write. It's not a profession, but passion for us.

- Look up images of what you want so that you have vivid imagery

Hmm, so this is the secret how Qanoot Shahid describes dresses and decors so beautifully.

Writers, don't ignore this tip at all.

- Search up synonyms and new words

Google Baba, I am coming!

- Ask for help

After a year and half of joining Wattpad I got to know how to change the sequence of the chapters.

That's why, do ask for help when needed. It makes things easier and don't be shy at all. We all are strangers connected through social media and no one will judge you.

- Don't compare your work

You can't compare Jane Austen's “Pride and Prejudice” with H.G. Wells'sThe Invisible Man”.

Both are unique in there own way.

Same goes for the Wattpad stories as well.

• • • • • • •

Alright, this was shorter than my expectations. But I hope you got to learn something new from this.

Thanks to qanootshahid14
for her informative tips.

I am definitely going to utilise these tips in my upcoming stories.

My dear Pateesa, thanks for your helping one of your Gulab Jamuns.
😘😘😘