•10• Hafsa_tahir

Thank you, Hafsa_tahir for these helpful tips.

•••

★ Explore.

The first thing that a writer can do is to explore, that can happen by reading books and watching shows as it opens a door to your imagination and it gives you a way with your words.

★ Plan.

Everyone says it but having a fair idea of what you want can help while writing your first draft . feel free to emend things that don't go with your planned outline, the first draft is always the kid-ish version of what the book actually is so don't feel pressured to write with excellence in your first go.

★ Comparison.

Happens to me all the time but please don't compare you book with others, they maybe the bestest books you've read but in no possible way can your work be the same as others, it has it's own charm and like a seed it'll need to take it's own time to grow.
So try to make a better version of it on its own.

★ Don't force yourself.

Never force yourself to write. you may feel obliged to write frequent updates and more content but take a break when you feel lost. take that time to explore rather than worrying about not being able to write, the quality of work doesn't matches up to it's caliber when forced out of you.

★ Write what you feel.

when you write with emotions, you make your readers feel the emotions, if you don't enjoy what you're writing how will anyone else, so let it flow.

★ Re-read your work.

Re-read your work to learn more about the plot in case you get lost throughout the writing process.

★ Don't force yourself.

Don't force yourself to write a genre that you don't want to just because everyone is doing it. write what you want, it adds a charm to it.

★ Voice out conversations.

I do this usually when I get stuck in dialogue writing, I voice out the conversations to hear what they would sound like if they actually happened and what my general response to them would be.

★ Note down those 3 am ideas.

Catch those ideas that you randomly get and write them down even if they make zero sense to what your plot actually is, trust me it has happened so many times that I go back to them and find options in them.

★ Dialogues.

If writing the setting gets too stressful write down the dialogues before, often times the goal and the amount of words you can think of doesn't match, try capturing conversations first as they go in a flow and then use them in a setting you think suits the best.

And lastly write what you want to read, it comes out naturally...

Hafsa Tahir.

•••

I hope it was helpful.