•02• the_insouciant_lass

Her work has a deep meaning just like her username has.

According to Dr. Google, her username means, "The Nonchalant Girl".

Which I totally disagree.

Because a nonchalant can't write a book like Mehar, which depicts on the issue of second marriage and at the same time entertains the readers with it's interesting storytelling.

So, she is more than what her username suggests.

Here I am with ten secrets of creative writing from the_insouciant_lass

So here you go...

• • • • • • •

Outline your story, build it around every major event or twist.

Readers don't want to know the daily routine of the characters. They want to know what exactly made the characters what they are. And what will happen next.

Am I right, author? 🤔

• Let every character have their own personality.

Suppose, in a story, antagonist murdered someone. Now, the readers will point out the antagonist only, not the one who wrote it.

Because they treat a fictional character as a real human.

They believe he wakes up everyday, brushes his teeth, eat Parantha in breakfast. And that says a lot.

And no humans can have same personalities. We all are unique, so does the characters.

• Write something you would love to read.

Let's take a simple example, you eat chocolate because you like it, you don't eat bitter gourd because you don't like it.

Same goes for writing.

You write a Romcom or Drama or Thriller because you love reading one.

• Use simple language.

These three words are the golden rule of writing.

Till the time readers can't understand the words, they can't relate to it.

• Use multiple languages if you must to make the scene more relatable and realistic.

Acha! Now I understood why Urdu/Hindi dialogues are used so much by the desi writers.

But a personal advice from my side, don't write all dialogues in Urdu only.
As the author mentioned, use it to make the scene relatable, means write it only if needed.

Am I right, author? 🤔

• Don't be afraid to do cliche stuff.

Okay! It just reminded me how Yusuf sang a romantic song for Mehar in front of her husband and a large crowd of guests. Just like in a romantic love triangle of Bollywood.

• Maintain a link in the story and try to be as clear as possible with the story timeline.

What I could understand is, Never go off track from the main plot.

Am I right, author? 🤔

Don't force yourself to write, taking breaks is important.

Point taken, boss!

• Always ask for feedbacks.

As a writer, there are times when we doubt our stories, characters and twists.

Readers, give feedback.

Or there are chances we delete our books due to self-doubts.

• Reward yourself as a writer.

Okay, from now on I'll eat my favourite snacks when I complete a short story.

Nice tip, author. 👍

• • • • • • •

Thank you the_insouciant_lass
for your informative tips.

Those who haven't read her books yet, do read them. But try to read on weekends only, because you'll get hooked and won't stop reading no matter what.

On the ending note, my dear Nonchalant Girl, my love for your books is just like how Arham loved Hooriya in MEHAR. To the moon and back.

And the way I still remember the names of characters you can understand how impactful your words are.