2

You switched on your monitor and began to get everything ready for the meet-and-greet stream. Looking at the waiting room, you could see all 100 places had been filled. You quickly flicked your screen over to Twitter, announcing that the call was full and you would be live in about 10 minutes.

When you finally joined the Zoom meeting you could see all 100 squares on your screen. About half of them were blacked out and the others contained the face of one of your fans from around the world. You didn't mind to much that people had their cameras off, so long as you got to speak to everyone individually.

After about two minutes of you scanning the faces in the call someone noticed you had joined.

"Hi Y/N!"

As soon as their greeting slipped from their mouth, the entire call blew up. Everyone yelled something along the lines of 'Hello' or 'Oh My God'. Once everyone on the call had finished their greeting you finally got to speak.

"Umm hi guys. I kind of have an idea for what I'm going to do, but I'll probably just mute you all for the start of the stream. If you have a question just message me on the meeting chat so I can unmute you and talk to you. Apart from that there really are no rules."

You scanned over the squares again, looking for people you may have met before.

"Umm any questions quickly before we start?"

Your question was met with dead silence. Presuming that meant everyone was fine to go ahead, you started the stream. 

---

You watched as your viewer count began to rise. Usually, your streams only made it to about 80k people at most. Tonight you had only just started and were already sitting on around 200k. 

"Hi guys! Thank you all for joining, my god there are a lot of you tonight. I hope you're all excited because tonight is the meet-and-greet!"

Your chat blew up. Every second person in chat claimed they recognised one of the many faces that filled the colourful squares that now filled their screens. 

"Hopefully you've been keeping track of my Twitter over the past week and already know the rules. If not, that's fine! I'll explain them anyway."

Your chat rolled by as usual, making comments and posting your colourful emotes as you explained exactly what you had explained to the Zoom call before. When you had finally finished you pushed your chat over to your second monitor, so you could only see the Zoom call, and began to read through some of the questions people had began to post in the meeting chat.

"Umm someone with the name 'Gracie <3' has asked me a few questions, so I think I'll start with them."

You clicked on the box with that name, making it larger and unmuting the person within.

"Hello Gracie."

"Ohmiggod ohmigod."

You chuckled at Gracie's reaction. Someone was clearly very excited to be meeting you.

"It's nice to meet you too." You joked, as Gracie flushed beetroot-red. "You had a few questions to ask me, so I figured you should start... so ask away."

You gave Gracie an encouraging smile as she regained composure.

"Umm, I really wanted to know why you started streaming? I don't remember anyone ever asking you that on stream before and I'm really curious..."

You racked your brain, trying to think of another time someone had asked you that question, to no avail.

"I actually don't think anyone has ever asked me that question before. I'm pretty sure I started streaming because I thought I was the world's best Minecraft player. Turns out, I am not."

At that, Gracie cracked up. For the next couple of hours conversation flowed easily between you and your fans. You laughed at each others jokes and answered each others questions. You were subconsciously checking how many people you had spoken to and how many left. 

You scrolled through the meeting chat again, looking for an interesting question when you stumbled across something odd.

"Okay. I found this question which I thought was quite interesting. Someone claiming to be 'Dream' has posted in the meeting chat so I will unmute them"

You quickly found the little square belonging to 'Dream'. It was completely pitch black but the name stood out, bold against its contrasting background.

"Hello Dream." You said, unmuting and enlarging the little square.

"Hello Y/N." A voice responded, sounding surprisingly similar to the big man himself.

"I believe you have a question for me?" You responded, raising one eyebrow at the camera. As you finished your sentence Dream's little square flickered to life, revealing the familiar tuft of hair and mask his fans and followers all knew.

Your jaw dropped. Dream had joined your livestream. 

"Yes that's right." Dream responded. Despite the mask covering his face, you could tell he was grinning. "I was wondering if you wanted to join the DreamSMP?"