4

Your stream lasted for about three hours, throughout which you had been killed a total of three times by Tommy.

"Hey Tommy..."

"What do you want, Y/N?!"

"You see this spot of grass right here...?" 

"Yes."

"Can I build my house here?"

"No!"

"Please?!"

Every time you took a step near said spot of grass you were killed instantly. Tommy referred to such activities as 'advanced interrogation techniques', but you called it spawn killing.

After Tommy, Tubbo and Wilbur had left, Ranboo helped you build a makeshift wooden house adjacent to his. The house was made of a mis-match of whatever materials you could find (mostly dirt and cobblestone) and the inner walls were lined with chests.

Once you were pleased with the set-up of your house, you convinced Ranboo to help you find diamonds. 

"Can we please try to find some diamonds?"

"You don't need diamonds."

"Yes I do!"

"Give me three reasons why."

"Well a) I just joined the server and need to play catch-up, b) I need to remove Tommy's only leverage over me, and c) who doesn't need diamonds?"

"You drive a hard bargain... what's in it for me?"

"I'll help you find a decent horse?..."

"Okay I'll help you find some diamonds."

In the end you collectively found around 3 dozen diamonds (majority of which came from Ranboo's inventory) and managed to craft all the tools and armour you would need. Eventually though, you decided that you had to end your stream. It was mid-afternoon now and you were yet to eat since breakfast.

"I'm gonna head off now."

"Hey before you go-" Your cursor hovered over the red 'End Call' button, waiting for whatever it was Ranboo had to say. "Could I grab your number? It was fine talking today and I figure it'll be easier to talk that way."

"Of course. Actually speaking of I was meant to ask Toby and Will... next time I guess."

The two of you exchanged numbers before hanging up the call.

---

You leaned back in your desk chair, stretching your arms above your head and yawning. It was amazing how tired you got sitting at your desk all day. As you stood up, your stomach violently grumbled, begging for some form of food. You decided to head to the little cafe around the corner.

You pulled your shoes on and grabbed your phone, keys and some money and stuffed them into your pocket. Your apartment door clicked as you locked it behind you, making your way to the lift. The down arrow lit up as you pressed it, lowering the lift to your floor.

The doors opened and you stepped inside, pressing the 'G' button and watching the doors slide shut in front of you. They reopened and you stepped out into the entrance to your apartment building. 

Your parents bought you this apartment at the start of the year when you decided you wanted to get an arts degree. This meant you had to move to London. This semester your class had to create a digital piece using photos they took of the things around them, meaning with a camera and your laptop you could complete the assignment from anywhere in the world. 

The small and flexible workload made streaming and YouTube incredibly easy to balance. Since your channels had begun to receive a lot more attention you didn't need to work at the local cafe, as you made enough money off merch, subscribers and donations combined to live comfortably in your apartment.

You made your way down the street, through the busy throng of people on their daily commute to work from their lunch-breaks. The little cafe on the corner is where you used to work, it's slightly worn and homey look is what initially enticed you into working there.

When you entered the shop, the strong smell of coffee hit you, and you could see that most of the customers left were about to leave. You walked up to the front counter and took your usual order, before taking a seat in the booth near the window. About 15 minutes later, your food and drink arrived.

"For you, ma'am." The waitress said in a joking tone, placing your food in front of you.

"Emily! Why did you not tell me you were working today?! I would've come sooner."

Emily and you worked together when you first moved here, and instantly became friends. Turns out she goes to the same school as you but studies history and literature rather than art.

"I saw you were streaming, didn't want to interrupt your little chat with Ranboo."

You rolled your eyes as she nudged you playfully in the side.

"Firstly, I literally met him today. And secondly, you're meant to be working, not watching my stream."

"People have fallen in love in less time, and it was a slow day today."

"When's your lunch break?"

"Right now."

The two of you sat there for what felt like hours, talking about everything that had happened since the last time you saw each other. When her break was over, you decided to invite her over for dinner. She had to work for another hour or so which gave you plenty of time to buy food for dinner.

---

Author's Note

 Sorry about the boring chapter, and the lack of updates. I just thought I had to get something out but I've also been feeling somewhat uninspired lately.

I just thought I'd let you know that I probably won't post anything at all over the next three-four weeks because of Christmas and New Years.

Enjoy your break everyone!

:)