14

"This is a face-cam stream."

"And?"

"You kissed me-"

"On the top of the head."

"Still. People make assumptions."

"I feel like your stressing out over nothing."

"What if people think we're dating?"

"Do you not want that?"

He paused.

"Well no. I'm fine with people thinking we're dating when- I mean if we start dating."

"That makes sense. If your chat asks questions, avoid answering them."

"What if I have to answer them?"

"If for some unseen reason, you end up being held at gunpoint by a fan wanting to know if we're dating then you answer honestly." He chuckled at your response and turned back to the monitor, unmuting again. You also unmuted on the discord call.

"And what were you two doing?" Tommy asked as soon as both you and Ranboo unmuted in call.

"Oh umm... we realised we don't have anything for dinner." Ranboo began explaining.

"So we ordered some food." You continued.

"Yep, that's what we did." He finished.

The group didn't question either of you after that and the stream continued normally. About halfway through you got incredibly bored just listening to their reactions to the game, rather than playing yourself so you sat next to Ranboo and took it in turns.

You noticed the chat asking questions the whole time, and as a result Ranboo was unusually quiet. Looking at the face-cam you noticed anything below your shoulders was out of view, so you grabbed his hand and laced your fingers together.

The two of you sat like that for the remaining half hour of the stream, just talking to the group as you had given up on playing anything. Eventually though everyone had to leave on the stream ended.

"That was easy." You said.

"Hardly." Ranboo replied. "I was so stressed every time anyone asked about us."

"I could tell."

He chuckled slightly.

"I hope nobody else did." He said, a hint of worry in his voice.

"I don't think they would have." You reassured him.

"Good. Should we order some food?"

"Yes. You choose something and I'll pay."

"No I'll pay."

"Don't be ridiculous, you payed for lunch today."

After that was settled you ordered dinner and sat waiting on the couch for it to be delivered. You opened YouTube on the TV and handed Ranboo the remote, gesturing for him to choose a video of his liking.

He took the remote and flicked through YouTube for a while before deciding to watch one of jschlatt's videos from a few weeks back. By the time the doorbell rang, you found yourself bent over laughing so Ranboo ran to get the food.

He placed the Chinese food on the table in front of you before running to grab some cutlery, returning with forks and chopsticks.

"I wasn't sure if you could use these," He held up the chopsticks. "I can but I know I will get sick of them quickly."

You chuckled, opting to grab one of the forks instead.

"Hey Mark."

"Yeah."

"Do you want to move your stuff here?"

"Yeah sure I'd like to, but I feel like you need your own space."

"I haven't gotten my own space since you arrived."

"That's not true! I unpacked when I got here!"

"Which was ultimately a waste of time since the only time you've been back there was to grab your clothes and come back here."

"True... I have an idea."

"Which is?"

"I'll let you know when we've both finished eating."

As soon as the words left his mouth you began scoffing your food, not caring if you looked gross doing it. Knowing Ranboo, whatever his idea was would be amazing.

You finished and sat there waiting for Ranboo to finish, one could argue that you had simply finished to quickly but it seemed he was taking a painstakingly long time. Once he had finally finished you threw both of your forks into the sink and the Chinese containers in the bin.

You re-entered the room to see him pulling his hoodie on and opening the door to your apartment.

"Are you coming?" He asked, as he gestured for you to follow. You pulled on a pair of shoes and a hoodie, grapping your phone and keys, before following Ranboo out the door.

"So where are we going?" You asked, grabbing his hand and linking it with yours.

"Lets just walk around aimlessly."

"This is your big idea?" You asked, raising an eyebrow sceptically.

"Partially, yes."

"So there's going to be some kind of surprise along the way?"

"Yup." He replied, popping the 'p' and giving your hand a little squeeze as you stepped out into the brisk night air.

---

The street below was full of people, all either visiting the few shops open at this hour or going to restaurants and night-clubs with their friends. Every bus, taxi and Uber was out, probably raking money in tonight. Whoever, you and Ranboo were content walking together, hand-in-hand, in a comfortable silence.

The two of you walked for hours, looking at everything you could. You walked past the palace, Big Ben, the Thames, everything. Eventually, you sat huddled together on a bench in the Victoria Embankment Gardens, where he told you a story about coming here at three am with a shovel to dig up somebody's corpse.

You hadn't noticed how cold it was until you stopped walking, your fingers and face were bright red from the cold and you could tell Ranboo's were too.

"I think it's time to go. It's freezing out here."

"But I haven't shown you my surprise yet!"

"Oh yeah! I nearly forgot. What is it-"

Ranboo picked you up, bridal style, and ran across the gardens with you in his arms.

"Mark! Stop!"

He put you down quickly, panting a little bit from the run and took a step closer to you. He pushed your hair out of your face, tucking it behind your ear and leaning in so his mouth was jus over your ear.

"Are you ready for my surprise now?" He asked, his warm breath running down your neck.

You simply nodded in response as he closed the distance between you, pulling your lips to his. This feeling was alien to you, the explosion of butterflies in your chest mixed with the warm and soft feeling of his lips against yours was pure bliss. Your hands found their way to his shoulder, whilst his still held your jaw.

Eventually, the two of you pulled back, giggling to yourselves.

"Was that a good surprise?"

You nodded, kissing him again.