19

The ride home passed surprisingly quickly, thanks to Ranboo's company. The two of you talked about anything you could think of, resulting in a quick return to London. You decide to drop Ranboo off at his hotel so he could unpack the bag he'd taken to Toby's house.

Once you left the hotel, you headed home, parking your car in the communal carpark before heading up to your apartment. You flopped down on the couch and felt an overwhelming wave of tiredness wash over you, but you knew you had to call Emily before she began her shift.

You pulled out your phone and selected Emily's contact, hitting the call button and holding the phone to your ear. The phone rang three times before she picked up.

"What is it now?" She huffed out as she picked up your call.

"Wow, thanks for the warm welcome." You replied sarcastically, causing her to chuckle in response.

"I apologise." She paused. "Now what's wrong?"

"What time will you have your break?"

"I'm only working a short shift today, so I don't get a break."

"What time will you finish?"

"Any time between 2 and 3, depending on how busy it is. Why do you need this information?"

"Do you wanna meet Mark?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes! Yes I want to meet Mark! He's the first guy you've had any chance with since you've been here!"

"Gee thanks."

"I'm kidding of course. But yes, I do want to meet him."

"I'll pick him up at two and then we'll meet you at the café"

"Sounds good."

As soon as the two of you had decided on a suitable time Emily hung up, presumably to start her shift. You quickly sent Ranboo a quick text, letting him know you'd be at the hotel at 2 to pick him up. Once you'd one that, you set an alarm and shut your phone, ensuring you'd be able to have a quick nap beforehand.

---

When your alarm cut through your slumber, you rolled off the couch. Checking the time, you saw that it was quarter to two and began to rush to get ready. You decided you would drive to pick Ranboo up, bring your car back here then walk to the café. That was probably easiest because parking was always a nightmare here if you didn't live nearby.

You grabbed your phone, mask and keys as you made your way out the door, heading down to the carpark. You sent Ranboo a quick text, letting him know you were on your way, before turning the key in the ignition and starting the drive to his hotel.

It wasn't a long drive, it was just easier than walking, so you were out the front waiting in around 15 minutes. You saw Ranboo in the lobby heading towards the front door and honked your horn. He jumped slightly and quickened his place, slamming the door shut as you pulled out onto the street.

"You excited?"

"To meet Emily? Yes and no." You quirked an eyebrow at him, encouraging him to elaborate.

"Yes because I haven't met any of your friends since I've been here and I've heard plenty of good stories, and no because I've heard she can be... well..."

"Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm sure you'll be fine."

"I hope I will be."

You drove the rest of the ride in almost complete silence, the only sound being the music coming through the speakers of your car. When you parked your car in the building's carpark, Ranboo turned to you with an understandably confused look on his face.

"We're walking from here, this will be the nearest park we can get."

He nodded at you in understanding as he clambered out of the car. When you saw him standing side-by-side with the small vehicle you were surprised that he managed to fit inside. 

The two of you began the short walk to the café. You could see the shop from your car, yet Ranboo still intertwined his fingers with yours as you walked down the street. When you approached the shop you could see Emily standing behind the register, an incredibly forced smile plastered on her face as she spoke to an elderly woman.

"That's her." You said, pointing through the glass window towards Emily.

"Does she really hat this job?"

"I don't think I've ever actually asked her, why?"

"That is a very obvious fake smile." You laughed a his response and made your way inside, your still interlinked hands dragging him with you.

You took your usual seat at the window with Ranboo and took out the menu, already knowing what you would get but needing something to occupy your hands whilst Ranboo decided what he wanted.

Once the two of you ordered, you just sat and talked until you heard hurried footsteps approach from behind you. As soon as you heard the noise, you knew Emily was attempting to sneak up on you.

"Hi Emily." You said, before she got close enough to attempt to scare you.

"Dammit! Hi guys."

"Emily, this is Mark. Mark, Emily."

"It's nice to meet you." Mark said, offering a wave as an additional greeting.

"God you didn't tell me he was this tall!"

"Thanks. I think."

"No problem, it's nice to meet you too." Emily took a seat next to you, forcing you to scoot further along the bench seat so you were practically on top of Ranboo.

You could tell this was going to be an interesting introduction.

---

Author's Note

So I've recently discovered that listening to music whilst I write is the worst idea possible as it results in many typos and outbursts in song and dance. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1MpfhTE1pGcwYxGtZoT4Qu

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0o38p49pVucHNXNxRhB2Mq

^^^
Those are the playlists I listen to which I would 100% recommend listening to if you enjoy general unproductiveness. 

(Kidding of course, they're good playlists)

:))