Pick-ups and Decorations

Ben's POV

    "I can't believe my little Maggie is really turning six tomorrow." I gush to the twins as they help me blow up balloons, their adorable cheeks puffing out as they try their hardest to blow.

   I chuckle at their red faces before Zion gives up.

  "Yeah Maggie's growing so big. She's gonna be like us." He tells me proudly, his adoration for his Goddess sister shining through. I reach down to ruffle his hair and he sticks his tongue out playfully before going to pick on his brother.

    Zander has stopped blowing up the balloons too and instead chose to sneak attack his brother, turning around suddenly to scare him before jumping on his back, the boys going stumbling as Zion complains about his brother being fat, even if they're almost the same size.

    "Zander stop eating all of Uncle Chloe's cookies you're getting fat." He tells him, and the familiar name brings a smile to my face, glad that Thomas' still has his family to rely on, the people who were there for them through thick and thin.

    Ares comes into the room from the kitchen with his hands on his hips and an dramatic expression. His attention directed at the boys.

   "The only thing fat in here is your dad's ass and I won't tolerate anything different. Stop fighting, I command thee." He expresses loudly, and the boys crack up before separating from each other only to climb onto their dad, Zander going to hit Ares in the stomach with his head, but the Enchanted doges, falling headfirst into the couch instead making Zion and I crack up at the lively boy's attempt.

    Ignoring the constant ruckus the three are making, I head down the hallway to find Thomas laying down, his eyes trained you at the ceiling, the empty slate of nothing not nearly interesting enough to contemplate life over.

   "Hey, Thomas. Are you okay?" I ask him, sitting down on the bed, reaching my hand out to grab his and he squeezes me before turning towards me, his always stunning blue eyes now looking lost and scared.

   "Ben, what if he doesn't love me anymore?" He asks me, and I gasp audibly unbelieving that those words came out of his mouth, knowing now that this is something really serious.

   "Thomas, don't you ever say that again." I tell him fiercely, a feeling of anger almost settling within me as his words rumble in my ears. "If there's one thing that I know in this world without a shadow of a doubt is that that man loves you more than life itself and will go to the ends of the earth just to make sure you're okay. Even the boys know that you are the star of the show. Always. If there's something going on, I can promise that that won't change." I tell him sincerely, knowing within a shadow of a doubt that Soul Mates are real only because of the two of them.

The very definition of being there through thick and thin.

We sit and chat for a few minutes before it's time for me to go pick Maggie up, and when I go to learn, I give Thomas a kiss on the cheek before going to leave. When I turn my head to look at him at the door, my heart breaks when I see the lone tear drawing down his face.

Knowing that my welcome is up, I leave and shut the door, calling goodbye to the still wrestling boys as I go to leave, Ares right in the thick of it, though he isn't having nearly as much fun as he usually would be.

Worried about my friends but knowing I have my own life to live and worry about, I put a prayer for their happiness out into the world as I leave my apartment and head to pick up Maggie.

Thankfully the ride is short and smooth, though more than once my mind drifted off to either Colton or my friends, my face heating at the confusion on both subjects. I push both out of my mind as I arrive at the school and park, knowing that right now my priority should be my baby girl above anything.

I follow the steady stream of parents up the sidewalk towards the pick up station, the sun shining down kindly on me, the cool autumn winds feeling good underneath the eighty degrees sun.

I walk up to the group and find Colton and his class, a little closer to the building than usual, and I find myself walking all the way towards them, Colton not noticing me walk up as he chats with a worried liking Maggie.

My own sense of worry arises and I step up to the two, Colton jumping a mile high before he realizes it's me and my brows raise. "What is up with everyone today?" I ask jokingly, and it makes him smile, my cheeks heating at the look, a strange feeling filling my chest which I promptly ignore as I go to check on Maggie. "Hey sweetie. Why are you upset?"

I push her hair out of her eyes and try to get her to look up at me, but she covers her face in what looks like shame, refusing to answer. I turn towards Colton and he rubs the back of his neck with a frown. "Maggie couldn't find her scarf when we got back in from recess. She said she didn't take it outside, but we couldn't find it inside either. She's really upset because she said her cousins gave it to her."

I look down at Maggie in understanding, my heart going out to her. She starts crying quietly and I wave goodbye to Colton starting to steer her away.

Maggie lifts her head pitifully and gives a little wave before continuing to cry. Not liking the fact that she's so upset, I lean over before lifting her softly into my arms. I hold her to me tightly before heading towards the car, her tiny arms wrapping around my neck as she lays on me, her tears leaking me shirt.

When we get to the car, I lace her into her car seat before bending over to her level so that we're face too face. " I promise you that they won't be mad okay? Zion and Zander care more about you crying and being upset than a sweater. I'm sure if you beat them up they'll even get you a new one for your birthday. But if they're too busy worrying about you because you're crying it won't be a fair fight." I reason with her, and her wobbling lip stills as she nods.

"I don't want them to have excuses." She tells me, sniffling and I try hard to hold back my laugh and instead give her an encouraging kiss on the forehead.

"Nope you're gonna beat them fair and square." I tell her and she nods, determined, already going to wipe tears from her face quickly making my heart swell with pride.

I get in the car and start to drive off towards home.

I wonder what's in the air today that had everyone going crazy?

Shrugging at my own question I continue to try to cheer my Maggie up, driving right past a hooded figure that's just standing by the side of the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Plzzz tell me you guys know who it is already. Can I really pull through one last chapter? I might have to call quits here with these two. I guess we'll see.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What is your favorite part of the holidays?