Home and Movies

Colton's POV

    After the last of my kids leave, it takes no time at all to go back inside and gather my things, getting myself ready for tomorrow before I leave my room and lock it.

     When I walk down the hallway, I can still feel the slight burn in my cheeks as I think about how much it felt so... right.

      When Ben asked me if I wanted to come to Maggie's birthday party, the only answer that would
come to mind is yes. It would always be yes to him. For some reason when he looks at me with those soft eyes and his white hair, all I can think about is how sweet and perfect he is.

     All I can think about is how much he's gone through, that I don't even know about. How the person that was made to love him did nothing but tear and break down his confidence and love for himself and the world. And I know that the only thing I ever want to do is show him that it's okay to get spoiled and to never get told no.

    He deserves it. Maggie deserves it.

    And I find myself selfishly wishing that I could somehow be a little permanent part of that.

    I shake my head to myself as I get in the car and make my way to the store, knowing that for the party, I have to make sure I have the perfect present.

     I end up at my local Walmart and get out of the car, rolling my eyes at the fact that I have to
socialize with too many people for my taste. But it's for Maggie and Ben, and because of that, I'll do it.

     I walk through the isles, not exactly sure what to get her, until I finally get to the arts and crafts section.

     Looking around, I find a coloring book sitting on the shelf that looks like it has pages full of blank animals, and natural things. And from my conversations with the precious little girl, she agrees that she thinks nature is the best thing ever.

    With a victorious smile on my face, I gather up the coloring book as well as a pack of markers and colored pencils. After I get all I need, I make my way towards the front of the store to check myself out with a proud smile along my lips.

      Once everything is paid for and in hand I make my way towards my car and throw everything in my back seat. I turn on my car and buckle up before I make my way back towards my apartment which is only a five minute drive away. When I get there, I decide to leave the color utensils in the car and grab my satchel before I make my way up the stairs and to my apartment door.

    I glance at the door beside mine, and think about saying hey, but I decide not to, knowing that they have to get ready for the party this weekend.

     So with a sigh, and a frown of misplaced discontent, I open my door and step inside only
to find Emma sitting on my couch as of she owns the place.

    "Hey, fuck-face." She greets and I roll my eyes at her and her language, not that it seems to phase her at all.

     "When are you going to stop pretending like you own my apartment?" I ask her as I walk further inside and shut the door, setting my things on the kitchen counter and turning towards Emma with crossed arms.

"I don't act like it. This is my second home , you just pay all of the bills. Fair trade." she tells me nodding her head confidently and I shake my head.

"There is no trade. You're just using me you damn, gold digger." I tease her and she looks at me as if she's going to beat me up, but I roll my eyes, knowing her wolf is too soft and sweet to ever consider hurting me, even if Emma tries to pretend different.

"I give you my company, cook for you, and my friendship. It seems like you should do more." She tells ms with a firm nod and I snort before heading into my room to change clothes.

I'm not in there long, and come out into the living room not even ten minutes later, a smile etched into my face as I think about what I could tell her.

"So Ben picked up the names of the kids when he got Maggie today." I tell her, and she nods her head, turning to me to give me her full attention like she always does whenever I bring up the Vampire. "And he thanked me, and even...., he invited me into his home, and to the party." I tell her, trying not to let my face split open with a grin, but apparently Emma has no reservations.

She squeals in uncharacteristic excitement and her smile is large and happy as she looks at me.

"Holy fuck, Colt! He trusts you?" She tells me and as much as I want to believe her, I know that it's not true, at least not yet.

"I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but we're getting there. I went and got Maggie something on the way home." I tell her and the smile on my face refuses to go away.

"I'm so happy for you. Look at the little shit, finally doing something meaningful with his life." She teases me as I come around to the couch she's sitting on and plop down on the cushions beside her and I laugh, not even taking her teasing seriously, my mood too good even for her.

"Oh let's just forget about the fact that I'm a teacher." I offer with a shake of my head, and her mouth pops open in a shocked expression and I laugh at her lack of thinking skills.

"Oh shut the fuck up, and let's watch the movie." She tells me with a glare and I nod along with her, holding in my laugh before the two of us settle
down to watch the movie, pale blue eyes shining in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~
I love you all but i'm dead beat tired lmaooo

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you like olives?