8 - Insula Avallonis

Shashura's POV

Shashura's POV

"AIFE!" I screamed out as woke up, i slowly opened my eyes, where the heck was i, with enough energy i sat up to take a closer look around, this for sure wasn't my room, i looked around it was darker than usual, then i heard the door unlock, "looks like you finally decided to wake up, good to have you back" kirigan says as he set something down on a table, "how long was i gone for?" i ask "four days" he replies "Four days!" i yell out, finally gathering enough strength i stood up, "where am i anyways?" i ask him "you are in my room" he replies, WAIT his room, "why?" i ask "i wanted you somewhere safe, and somewhere i could keep an eye out for you" he replies, i nodded and walked toward him "later we'll talk about what happened in the fold, if you want to leave the room, you can, just be careful" he says, he sets down a paper and walked out "i have training to do with alina today, but should be back in my room by nightfall" he say before walking out. 

I walked into my room to see Genya and a few other servants cleaning my room, i knocked and genya turned around, she immediately ran toward me and hugged me "oh you don't know how happy i am to see you on your feet" she says pulling me into another hug, "sit, we have a lot to talk about, the rest of you out" she say, the other servants bowed and exited my room, "so what happened?" genya asks as we both walked into the bathroom, "not what i had expected" i replied. 

Genya and I talked for a while, i hadn't told her yet that i was bounded to the fold, but i told her i spoke to it, she worked on my face, while i worked on my hair, "do you think it's possible for me to visit my parents?" i ask genya, "i suggest you talk to the general" she replies, a few minutes later she left. I sat by my mirror, "You don't look like an average Aife", "good to hear from you, what is an Aife?" i ask "you don't know?" "i asked for a reason" i replied "well then lesson is in session".

'Long ago, during the forging of the world, along came beings who called themselves gods and goddess, they ruled over the world, most of them travelled around the world, each picking parts to rule and protect. At some point, they got tired and retired to a place they called paradise, they passed their powers down to men, for years the world was one, people coexisting together, but good things don't last for ever, selfishness and greed clawed it way into the heart of men. The gods were angry and took it's power away from men. thousands of years later, at this point the world was divided, Atlantis, Camelot, Avalon, Asgard, Arcadia, Ravka, you name them, to each other they may sound as if they are myth, but it's been so long since the world has coexisted. 

Eventually, the gods pardoned men, but instead of giving it's power to all of men, they let fate choose who has and who doesn't, those powers are known as different names around the world, here in ravka it is called Grisha power or small science, in other parts of the world it is known as magic, sorcery, witchcraft, or Alchemy, now that you know the history of the world, lets get down to your history. 

An Aife, a female warrior or protector, sometimes they possess magic sometimes they don't, since you are the daughter of a powerful sorcerer it enabled you the ability to wield magic, now the protector of what exactly, you my dear are the protector of Avalon' 

I was stunned, when it said 'lesson was in session' it wasn't joking, we spent hours learning about Aife and it's history, and unfortunately i was neither a grisha nor a Ravkan, i wasn't born here, the fold refused to tell me how i got here, i fear even it doesn't know, so i'll have to figure that out myself, i closed the book and set it under my pillow, grabbing my kefta which for some reason i felt like a fraud wearing it, then i made my way outside my room. 

I walked into the dining hall, and immediately a hand wrapped around me, "never scare me like that again" i turn to see Ivan "oh Mr Ive it's so good to see you" i say pulling him into a hug, "that's my boyfriend you're touching like that" i  laugh and turn to see fedyor walking towards us, "wait, so you both made it a thing when i was unconscious?" i say laughing "i told him, we should have waited for your blessing but he was adamant" fedyor joked, i hooked my hands into both their hands, "i am happy for the both of you, and if you break his heart, i'll make you pay Mr Ive" i say "shouldn't you be telling that to him" Ivan argued, we all grabbed a plate and sat down to eat. 

I knocked on the door, "come in", i walked in and saw kirigan going through battle plans with someone, "i can come back" i say, "oh no, i was just finishing" he say and waves off the soldier, they soldier bowed and left the room, "how are you feeling?" kirigan asks, "better actually" i reply as i took a sit by the table in his room, "tomorrow is a big day for you and alina" he says "why?" i ask, "well in two days you are to show your progress in front of the king and queen, it's more of a party to them" kirigan says, "okay" i reply, "now let's talk about what happened in the fold" he says "before that, i have a few things to talk to you about" i say, he raises an eyebrow, "very important things" i added.