9 - Ilya Morozova

I spent the night talking with kirigan, we joked a few times, "i mean it kirigan" i say setting a cup he had given me down, "fine, i'll get the paperwork ready" he says rolling his eyes "wasn't so hard now was it" i tease, he walks around the tabl...

I spent the night talking with kirigan, we joked a few times, "i mean it kirigan" i say setting a cup he had given me down, "fine, i'll get the paperwork ready" he says rolling his eyes "wasn't so hard now was it" i tease, he walks around the table to me, "put your hands out" he says, i did as he wanted, "let me know if you want me to stop" he says, he rubs his hand on mine, when i opened my eyes there were clouds of shadows around us, "i want you to command it" he says "i can't" i say withdrawing my hands from him, sitting down on the chair in his room "i'm sorry, i disappointed you" i say "no, it's not you, i'm moving too fast" he says, "we'll take it slow" he added.

Later that night, i looked at kirigan who was already asleep, i slowly walked to the balcony in his room, staring at the stars, "you probably think i'm weak" i say "to be honest yes, compared to what an Aife is supposed to be, you are tremendously weak", "thanks that really makes me feel better" i say "i'm glad" "it was sarcasm" "and compared to other Aife, you are possibly the most powerful, being one of the few to own magic, you need to stop holding yourself back, you are scared, allow the power flow through you, instead of you fighting it" "i'm not fighting it" i say, then a shadow starts to grow, "try to control me".

The next day, i walked around the little palace with Ivan, we watched the other grisha practice for tomorrow, "the general hate this, having to see grisha perform in front of the royals, he thinks we are wasting potentials to entertain them" Ivan says, i have to agree with the general.

I left Ivan and walked to baghra's hut, "how fair the journey then?" she asks as she sat down, "very, educational" i reply, "so you once asked me about Morozova and his daughters" she says, "do you know about Ilya's amplifiers?" she asks , "based on the books you gave me, Ilya created four amplifiers, the firebird, Ruslaye, the morozova stag, and the last one was said to be his daughter" i replied, she nods, "well I have a story to tell you young one".

I spent that afternoon with Baghra, "you should get going" she says to me  "but I still-l" she cuts me off  "come back tomorrow" she says, I nod and walked out. She told me all about Ilya, his family, his wife, and two daughters, with the way she explained it one would think she was there. But what was the purpose of the stag, I kept getting dreams about it.

I made my way back to my room, as soon as I got in, i opened the book, 'The morozova's Stag; an ancient magical animal, it's known to be able to grant its user wishes, and much more powerful than it seems, according to baghra, it's antlers are also one of if not the most powerful amplifier', my thought was interrupted by a knock I pushed the book under the pillow, when I opened the door a guard was standing there "the general wishes to see you" the guard says, I nod as he walks away.

I made my way to kirigans room, but something wasn't making sense, 'who would need such amplifier' i think to myself as I opened kirigans doors, "I see we don't knock anymore" he scoffs "you wanted to see me"I say ignoring his previous words "I could be naked you know" he says I looked at him and noticed he was smirking "oh please, you are acting like I haven't seen a naked man before" I say 'I actually haven't, but he doesn't need to know that', his eyebrow arched, I smile and turn away, "what can I do for you?" I ask "just wanted to see how you were doing?" He says looking at the table in his room, I walked towards him "you are worrying too much, why don't you take a time off" i suggest, "and do what?" He asks staring at me "what do you like to do?" I ask "go over battle  strategies" he says, I couldn't help but laugh, "to be honest I enjoying riding horses" he replies "come on then" I dragged his arm and pulled him out of his room.

We made it to stables, boring two horses we rode through the forest, "this always calmed me" he says, I've never seen him so vulnerable, I feel he always had to put on a mean face, never show his emotions, "race you" I say riding faster, when we got to a destination we both jumped off the horses, "okay first of you cheated" he says as we walked, "just admit to your loss" i reply laughing.

"Thank you" he says, i looked at him and looked away quickly, his hands slowly brushes mine, i wanted to say something, but he pulled me closer to him "i hate the fact i waited this long to do this" he says as he leaned down towards me, slowly he planted his lips on mine, i went numb for a moment, slowly he lifted me up, involuntary my legs were wrapping around his waist, i quickly deepen the kiss, i felt a little off about this but i just couldn't stop myself.

I stopped the kiss before it went far, "we should probably head back" I say, kirigan nodded in agreement.

Later that night, I laid awake, mostly thinking and talking with mr fold, he had a lot to say, I asked him about the amplifiers and about Ilya and the black heretic, it kept repeating 'At the right time, you'll understand'.

The next morning, I was woken up by none other than the queen herself, Genya, she immediately pulled me into a hug, "what's that for?" I ask laughing "oh you know what that's for"she says sitting on my bed, "actually I really don't" I reply, "I have been station with the general again" she squeals out, "seriously?, you work with him now?, do you still work for the king and queen?" I ask "not really, the contract he made says I work with him now, 100%" she replies, "thank you so much" she says "oh I did nothing" I respond "you did a lot, I'm forever in your debt, plus I'm initially surprised you were able to convince him" she says "I'm surprised myself too"I say laughing, "so will there be any change to your clothes, because I would hate to have you walking around in servant clothing" I say, she dragged my hands and pulled me out of my room, after walking down the stairs we made it to a small room, "this is my new room" she says, i took a sit and examine her, she was truly happy and free, she walks out later with a red kefta now with purple embroidery, "I love the upgrade, it suits you" I say, "now I think it's time to show you your upgrade" she stated and walks into her closet.