Broken tapes (Chapter 3)

Muffin Juice watched as a shadowy figure passed by his door. Looking through the cracks in the door and sometimes peeking from underneath. He stood up against the door and clicked the lock as the footsteps began retreating down the dirt path. He breathed in a sigh of relief when he knew it was clear. He looked up at the ghost that had a worried expression on with his lips drawn into a tight thin line.

"Woolf hey it's okay." Muffin tried to comfort the ghost. Who shook his head and pulled out a tape. Unlike regular ghosts he couldn't go through walls and he could actually grab things. The only issue was that he didn't have a voice. He was silenced. Muffin had come up with the idea of using a tape recording of English lessons he had stolen from somewhere he couldn't remember where though. He had given the tape to Woolf and he had quickly figured out how to use it to communicate with Muffin.

"Is he gone?" Woolf played the tape clicking the buttons and pausing it before it continued to ramble on something he didn't need to say.

"I think so but we should just stay quiet for a little bit longer, okay?" Muffin whispered.  Woolf nodded. Muffin like Woolf got shot by Laff, although Muffin survived. How? Well Muffin was a god. Woolf wasn't. Woolf floated in front of Muffin inches away. Woolf looked a lot different. Woolf when he was alive had green animal-like eyes and had dark black hair. This Woolf had gray transparent hair along with the fact that he was transparent. His tail also hung limp and always brushed against the ground. He had a small halo that seemed to be melting. Very rarely would Muffin see a drop of gold fall from the halo and run down Woolf's face. Muffin saw that more red blood seemed to fall down from his forehead, which had the fatal wound or how Woolf died.  It always dripped down when the ghost was stressed out. Woolf clicked a few buttons on the tape and a robotic voice asked.

"Should I follow?"

Muffin hesitated to answer and glanced out the door. It wouldn't take the ghost long to catch up. Plus it wasn't like the ghost could die. Woolf could fly as he was floating in front of Muffin at the moment.

"Fine, be careful and don't run into any trees." Muffin muttered. But Woolf had already ran out the door at 'Fine'

Woolf floated above the trees trying to see if he could see the person that walked past them. He heard footsteps nearby and told himself to stop floating. He fell from the sky and landed in a tree. It didn't hurt since he didn't feel pain, he just stuck to the branch. He twisted and looked over to see a shadowy figure looking up into the exact tree that Woolf had landed. His eyes were pure white and glowed in the darkness. Woolf could see that there were light red swirls in his eyes. It was difficult to see anything else about the person. Even with the moonlight casting glows on the area he was standing it still seemed like he was slunk back in the darkness. Hidden from sight. Woolf gripped the branch with his claws and launched himself from the tree. Before he knew it he was crashing into a person moving faster than a missile. They tumbled into each other and while Woolf lay crumbled on the ground while the other person back flipped nimbly onto their feet. Woolf attempted to swiftly stand up but instead struggled to heave himself to his feet. Almost like he experienced pain from crashing into that person. The person was staring at Woolf. Who pulled out his tape and played the buttons that should have said 'Who are you?' but instead it played.

"What are you?"  The person looked startled at the question like he didn't even know the answer. Woolf could see the person hesitate to answer. Woolf grabbed his taper and restated his question shaking his head. "Who are you?" The person seemed to smile and a soft raspy cough escaped from the figure. The figure's arm reached into his pocket and pulled out a small item. The item was about the size of a phone. The person pressed a button and it seemed like he changed his form as he was taller, about the same height as Woolf. Wolf ears seemed to appear from his head along with a fluffy tail mirroring his own.