One fallen (Chapter 5)

Blaza heard a knock on his door. He yawned tiredly and opened the door breathing in with surprise as Meme fell in. Blaza caught him and struggled to hold the heavy doctor. Blaza carried him over to a chair and set him down.

"Meme?" Blaza asked. Meme slumped over in Blazas wooden chair. Blaza noticed a purple strand of hair hanging in front of Meme's face. "Meme, What happened?" Blaza asked crouching down in front of Meme and reaching an arm to place on Meme shoulder.

"Where were you?" Meme rasped out to him. "You weren't with Socks. It's you isn't it?" Meme whispered smacking Blaza's hand away. Blazas hand started to burn and he clutched it close to his chest.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, shadowy figure!" Meme screamed. His eyes were bloodshot and his nose was bleeding as his head shot up. Meme pointed a bruised finger at Blaza accusingly.

"I don't know who this shadowy figure is Meme! And If I was the shadowy figure I probably would have killed you by now!" Blaza defended himself. Meme hesitated and sighed. He leaned back in the wooden chair and he adjusted his hoodie.

"I'm sorry for accusing you Blaza, I-I'm just confused. Alright?" Meme murmured his voice breaking with pain.

"What's going on, tell me everything." Blaza said. Meme began to explain everything and Blaza couldn't help feeling triumphant that he had saved Laff but possibly enraged another person who would seek revenge sooner than later.

"The person looked like Nadwe. It couldn't be Nadwe right?" Meme asked pacing around Blaza hallway while Blaza sat on the floor tossing his coin in the air. To some people it seemed like a distraction but to Blaza it helped him think.

"Well I mean I haven't seen Nadwe all afternoon." Blaza pointed out, "but that could be just a coincidence." Blaza quickly added after Memes' face went panicked.

"Yeah, probably just a coincidence." Meme laughed awkwardly. Blaza stopped tossing his coin and he tightly wound his fingers together. "I mean it could be Dino, right?" Meme asked. "You said he left almost right after you did." Blaza nodded. Nadwe had left before Blaza and Dino had left a few minutes after Blaza had gone to his own house.

"It very well could be." Blaza pointed out.

"Could it be Socks?" Meme asked. Blaza bit his lip and sighed.

"I doubt it, we both have seen his mental state." Blaza said. Meme sighed and finally stopped pacing. He locked eyes with Blaza and dipped his head.

"Thanks for listening to me." Meme said. Blaza watched as Meme walked away towards Blaza's door. Blaza heard the door open and shut as Meme walked out. Memes' story had piqued Blaza's interest and he was going to go find this shadowy figure for himself. Blaza ran over to his backpack and grabbed his iron sword. He grabbed some Laff loaves and shoved them inside the backpack and ran towards the door. He kicked the door down and proceeded to run outside. He took a swift left as soon as he had ran down his stairs and ran straight into the forest behind his house. He stopped running and changed to a slow trot running through the forest. Twigs and Leaves snagging into his hair and his hoodie. He found himself in a circle of trees and smiled.

"Shadowy figure!" He called, "Let's fight. I want to see how strong you really are." He added. When there was no response except for a cricket chirping and a tree branch creaking Blaza grumbled in frustration. He realized how stupid he was being. If Meme, Tbh, Joocie, and Laff were afraid of this person what would Blaza do. People said he couldn't even hurt a fly. Blaza smiled at the thought and began to walk back to his base. Before he hit the trees he heard what sounded like a branch breaking and he took a step back just as a branch that would have crushed him fell at his feet. "What the-?" He muttered turning around to see a figure standing right in the center of the circle of trees.

"You called for me?" The figure gave a toothy smile. It had teeth sharper than Woolfs, similar to Dino's. Blaza couldn't tell anything else due to the black pitch covering the person.

"Meme wasn't lying." Blaza breathed.

"Why would Meme lie to you about this?" The figure asked, tilting its head.

"I didn't think it was a lie but I didn't believe him either." Blaza admitted grabbing part of his hoodie and gripping it tightly. The figure blurred out and Blaza felt breathing on the back of his neck as he spun around to see the person standing right above him.

"Well im not a lie." They said smiling. Blaza swiped his sword at them but they blinked away before Blaza could do anything. His sword swing cutting through a tree branch. There was one thing Meme had lied about. Not only could this person Shape shift or hide their features with shadows. They could teleport. Blaza backed up into a tree and the person blurred in Front of his face. He swung and the person teleported a few feet away. Another twig fell down in front of him. It seemed like the figure was taunting him. Everytime Blaza tried backing away the figure would teleport to him and Blaza would swing. Another branch would be cut down, repeat cycle. Blaza tripped on one of the branches he had cut down and lost his sword. He ripped off one of the branches on a tree and felt a strong gust of wind blow off his hood. The figure stood back to where they had first spoken, facing in the opposite direction. Blaza threw the stick at them in a desperate attempt but the person spun around and caught the branch.

"What did you think this was going to do?" The figure asked, examining the stick.

"It was going to knock you out."  Blaza responded. The figure twisted the twig into his left hand and used his right hand to grab a box of matches.

"Blaza. Blaza. Blaza. Tsk. Tsk.Tsk." The person taunted. "This was foolish of you." He said as he lit a flame and set the tip of the twig on fire. The flame burning brightly in the dimly lit forest. The wind blew the flames to grow larger. The person threw the stick straight at Blaza. In reaction Blaza quickly ducked and heard the stick thump against the tree behind him. It bounced off the tree and landed infront of Blaza. The flames erupting on broken sticks on the ground. The wind  blowing the flames around. Blaza turned around and fled  before he got lit on fire. Blaza felt something hit his back and he tumbled to the ground.

"Cmon Blaza, I was just messing with you." The figure laughed. "Why are you running?" Blaza sat up and the light of the flames made the figure walking towards him visible. Blazas eyes darted to the sword the person had at their side. "See Blaza.. I can't let you warn the group of the fire. This might be the easy way of getting rid of them. You can understand can't you?"  The person said as he towered over Blaza. Blaza tried to scoot away unsuccessfully. The person brought the sword above their head and was about to bring it down until a thing crashed into them. They went flying into a tree with a thunk and slid down the trunk of the tree. "You'll pay for that." The figure growled. Running at the attacker.

"Blaza run." Blaza recognized the British accent of Joocie.

"Joocie, what are you doing?" Blaza exclaimed grabbing Joocies red hoodie. Attempting to pull him away. Joocie was barely pulling his arm away from Blaza when Blaza saw a bright white gleam stab through Joocies chest. Joocie yelped and coughed. A shout of triumph could be heard ringing through the forest.

"I won! Don't ever test me again Joocie!" The person taunted as Joocie coughed up yellow blood. The person blurred out and disappeared as Blaza ran over to Joocie, clutching his body he felt around for the sword in Joocies chest. Blaza located it and pulled it out. It was already to late though. Joocie was dead.

——-

Am lazy

Gave up

This is bad

Ah

Words:1416