Underneath the Shadows (Chapter 6)

Nadwe squinted in the harsh light of the fire. Blaza was frantically running around attempting to order everyone to save the forest and the village that the fire was swiftly approaching. Nadwe breathed in and turned into a bat. He flew over to Memes shoulder and flapped right next to it. Meme turned and looked at him. Nadwes squeaky bat voice was difficult to understand as it came out.

"I'm going to fly above and see where it is." He said. Meme nodded like he understood.

"Be careful." Meme whispered his voice hoarse. Nadwe flapped his bat wings as hard as he could. Straining to see everything. The fire covered most of the forest and it was moving fast. The wind was blowing hard making it difficult for Nadwe to fly against it. Another issue with the wind was it was blowing the fire towards the village. It was to big there was no way they were going to stop it in time. Nadwe transformed back into a human above the trees and fell down. He then turned back into a bat and flew back to the village. Moving with urgency. He made it just as the flames were about to burn Blazas temporary house, Woolfs old house in other words down. Nadwe transformed infront  of the rest of the group.

"We need to leave. NOW!" Nadwe shouted at the rest of the group,  and they jumped into action.

"No time to grab things we need to go now!" Meme shouted. As the fire almost engulfed the entire group. Just barely stopping a few inches away. Blaza spun around and ran towards the direction of the desert, Tbh following him. Meme watched as the flames spread around burning towards the left which was the direction of Nadwes old house.  Nadwe grabbed Memes' hand and ran after the rest of the group. Nadwe had never run so fast in his life. He strained his legs as they began to hurt and as his feet began to ache. His lungs begging for air. As they stopped a safe distance from the fire Nadwe couldn't help but feel like he was forgetting something or somebody.

"We forgot Socks!" Nadwe exclaimed, turning to the rest of the group. A loud crash could be heard and Nadwe winced. No one was alive. Socks was as good as dead.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Fire it's a wonderful thing isn't it?"

"Would you shut up?"

"Wow, talk to me like that and you'll be silenced forever."

"..."

"Good," He said, standing up and waving the match around. The flames disappeared as smoke rose up from the extinguished tip of the match. He stared at the person wearing a dice mask. His shades lay on the table. His eyes narrowed, glaring at him. "Oof if you just would give me the information that I need I would let you go." He sighed, shaking his head in mock disappointment.

"If you gave me what I want perhaps I would." Oof attempted to negotiate. He slammed his shadowy fist down on the table and glared at Oof.

"You want my identity right?" he asked, attempting to hide his anger. Hope lit up in Oof's eyes and he leaned forwards.

"Would you be willing to trade?" Oof tried to negotiate. "I would ask to shake on it but it seems I'm a little tied up." He said adjusting to the side to reveal the bounds that attached him to the chair. He hesitated for a second. The person walked over and undid part of Oofs bounds and held out a hand.

"Alright deal." The person said. They released hands after shaking and the person retied up Oof. Stalking back to the otherside of the table he placed both hands palm first on the table leaning forwards. "Now where are they?"

"Oompa's up on top the mountain." Oof said he paused and looked at the figure. "I am gonna make it out alive, right?" He asked.

"Continue." the person said ignoring Oofs question.

"Fine, and Tbvg is.. Dead." Oofs voice broke as he said that still upset about his friends death.

"Well two less people to kill huh?" The person muttered to himself

"What's that supposed to mean?" Oof his eyes widening in panic. "Two less people?" Oofs voice started shaking. The person mused to himself as he pulled out a device and twisted the dial. The shadows retreating with each steady click. Until half of the person's face was revealed. "No- No! This isn't possible. You were so kind!" Oof exclaimed. The person laughed at the comment. "Wait, you can shapeshift right?" Oof asked, spiraling into what this could mean.

"Why would I lie about this?" He said using his one gloved hand he pulled what looked like a scroll and unrolled it holding the top of the page. "Do you see my name anywhere on here?" He asked.

"N-no." Oof stuttered, Oof leaned back to get some distance from the shadowy figure smiling.

"To bad you wont be able to tell the rest of the gang." He laughed. He threw a dagger and it nailed Oof straight in the chest. Oof coughed as pain seared in his chest.

"Socks what did Laff do to you?"

—-----------------------------

—--------------

"Ow, That hurt," he muttered and rubbed his head where his hair had been pulled.

"Would you just shut up." His father snapped at him. He fell silent and didn't object as his father finished brushing his hair. "I don't understand why your mother didn't do this herself" He grumbled.

"She was busy." Socks argued. Socks looked at himself in the mirror and smiled.

"Stop smiling would you?" He snapped, "Your smile brings disease." His father snarled. Socks felt his face fall and he clenched his fist.

"What did you just say about my son?" His mother asked, peeking her head around the corner. His father snorted and walked away from Socks.

'Somethings wrong with your son." He told her. His mother blinked her green and blue eyes and Socks turned to look back at the mirror glad that he had his mothers green eye. He lifted a hand and covered his brown one. "Plus you know exactly what I mean, wherever he goes chaos follows." His father smirked at her. She rolled her eyes.

"That's a bit dramatic don't you think?" She asked him. His father shrugged and looked at his son.

"So what, you know I'm right." He grumbled.  Socks sighed and grabbed his backpack.

"I'll just go to school." He whispered. As he walked to the front door. His mother smiled at him and called out as he left.

"Have a good day!"

"Sure won't smile though." He responded under his breath, closing the door.

-------------------------------

I DID ITIITIT YESS SHAHAHA

I UPLOADED A CHAPTER IM SO PROUD OF MYSLEF

Words: 1132