𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛

Riley Smalls

It was weird that Benny had said Babe Ruth was like the Hercules of baseball, and The Beast's name ended up being Hercules. None of us could ever figure out what that meant, but we were all amazed by it. Scotty and I kept in touch with those guys over the years, and I found out that Yeah-Yeah's parents shipped him off to military school. After the Army, he became one of the pioneering developers of bungee jumping. Of course, we all know why.

Bertram, well... Bertram got really into the '60s, and no one ever saw him again. Timmy and Tommy became an architect and a contractor. They started out small, designing playground equipment and prefabricated tree houses, but they became multimillionaires when they invented mini-malls. Squints grew up and married Wendy Peffercorn. They have nine kids. They bought Vincent's Drugstore, and they still own it to this day.

Hamilton Porter became a professional wrestler. You know him as The Great Hambino. DeNunez played triple-A ball, but he never got to the majors. He owns his own business now, and he coaches a little league team that his sons play on, called the Heaters. Hercules lived to be 199 years old-- uh, in doggy years. Scotty and I were the last ones to move away, but when I did, the sandlot was still there.

After Benny pickled The Beast, his reputation spread all over town. From then on, he was known as Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez. And the nickname stuck with him for the rest of his life. And I would know this because of two amazing reasons; My brother Scotty Smalls became a commentator for major league baseball, the two - despite the distance - were still the best of friends. And because -- well...

── ⚾️ ──

Third Person

The crowd was going wild as the players stood on the diamond. "Now pinch-running for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Benny "the Jet" Rodriguez! It is the clutch situation of the season. They say the Jet's lost a step or two, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks here. The Jet's got a suicide lead and--" Scott Smalls spoke through the microphone as he commentated the game, the crowd cheering wildly.

"And there he goes! He's stealing home! They don't see him! I don't believe it! He's stealing home! He's stealing home and they don't see him! I don't believe it! They don't see him! The pitch! He's hit the dirt! He's safe! Safe!" Scotty shouted from the commentator box. Benny rushed home after psyching out the other team. "Oh, my god! Safe! Safe! Safe! I don't believe it! The Jet stole home! The Jet stole home!" Scott cheered proudly.

Benny turned towards the commentator box with a wide smile, sending a thumbs up to his lifelong best friend. "Benny!" Another voice gained his attention, turning his head he spots Riley standing there with a wide grin on her face. He rushed over to her and pulled her into his arms, kissing her passionately causing the crowd to go wild. "Benny, careful," Riley warned softly before he pulled away slowly, looking down to her stomach with a smile.

Benny knelt down and kissed her stomach lightly, "Hey little guy, daddy loves you." Riley's heart swooned at the sight. "Hold on!" Benny said before rushing over to the diamond, he was handed a microphone. "Hello everyone! Thank you for your support!" Benny cheered into the mic, the crowd roared in response. "But I have to say, I couldn't have gotten this far without the love of my life," Benny spoke as he turned to look at Riley.

"Riley Smalls, you came into my life in a time that baseball was the only thing that mattered to me and you taught me that there were more things in life. You made my heart swoon and my mind go fuzzy, I have loved you since we were fourteen years old," Benny spoke, his eyes focused purely on her as she walked towards him, being led by Scotty who had come down for this moment.

"You never gave up on me and despite all of the troubles we had in high school, the fights, the distance during our college years and the different interests between then and now; and for that, I will spend the rest of my life loving you with every piece of me," Benny smiled as he walked up to Riley. "So, Riley Smalls, I cannot wait another moment -- Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Benny dropped down on one knee and opened the blue velvet box, a gorgeous diamond ring rested in it.

"Yes, Benny Rodriguez. I would be honoured to become your wife," Riley answered. He stood up and pulled Riley into a passionate kiss as Scotty yelled into the mic, "SHE SAID YES!" The crowd roared in celebration. "I love you, Benny," Riley spoke after they pulled apart. "And I love you, Riley to-be Rodriguez," Benny answered before smiling. "I really like the sound of that," Benny added before kissing her again.

── ⚾️ ──

"But mommy, you said that the beast was huge!" Riley and Benny's son, George Johnson Rodrigeuz spoke up. Riley was telling her son the love story between her and Benny, including the story of The Beast. Their dog, Theo - a puppy version of Hercules - rested next to George asleep already. "He certainly was, baby. But your father was still brave," Riley added with a smile. "But what happened after my uncles moved away, or when you two were in high school?" George asked as he fiddled with his baseball.

"That is quite the story, buddy," Benny spoke as he entered the room, sitting down next to Riley and kissing her swiftly. "Ewwww!" George whined making the married couple laugh. "Will you tell me about the years after and how everything changed?" George asked his parents. Riley smiled at Benny before looking back to her son, "I will, but tonight you need sleep as we are going to see Squints and Wendy tomorrow." George nodded and slowly dozed off to sleep.

Riley and Benny closed the door and headed for the living room where they sat down, Riley leaned back into Benny's arms. "You know, George is six in two weeks and I really miss-" Benny began only for Riley to giggle. "Is this your way of saying you want another kid?" Riley asked as she turned to look at her husband. "Yeah, so?" Benny asked with a smirk. "Ah, why not?" Riley leaned in and kissed Benny, the two living the happy life they both wanted.

── ⚾️ ──

Author Note
And that concludes the story... For now!

I do have plans to come back to this story one day and write an original storyline to it which will link the second and third movie to it. I want to plan it carefully and thoroughly plus, I'm gonna learn more about baseball in order to write it. It will turn into a high school drama than a college drama before I return back to the story of their kids.

(Also, Their son is named after Babe Ruth and Mr Mertle.)

But for now, this is it. If there are specific things you wish to see in this story; leave them in the comments here!

Anyway, thank you for reading this story and I shall see you in the future!

-Rose <3
{1244}