I'm Home...

Tommy limped out of the prison, the light shining down on him from the sun high in the sky. He didn't care though, he just wanted to go home.

Home... With Techno and Phil and Ranboo. Friend would be waiting for him in his cabin. There he could finally get out of this nightmare, lose himself in the thick blue wool and never have to think about Dream again.

Tommy walked down the empty prime path. No one was there, and if there was, Tommy didn't care. He kept his eyes fixed on the ground until he came to the portal.

Tommy didn't hesitate to step through. The sooner he got home the sooner he could rest. God, he just wanted to rest...

Tommy stumbled out into the snow. He relished the cold air, so jarringly different than the stuffy heat of the prison. A crisp, cool breeze blew in his face as he walked to his cabin.

He was starting to get close when he saw someone. Someone who wore a brown vest with white trim. Tommy's eyes widened.

"Tubbo..." He whispered.

The shorter boy froze, his gaze landing on Tommy. They stared at each other for a moment. Then Tubbo ran. He ran back towards the cabins. Tommy frowned, his head falling, and kept walking.

He was almost to his door when he heard a voice.

"Tommy?"

The blonde slowly looked up to see Phil. The winged man had tears in his eyes as he watched Tommy carefully. The Phil pulled Tommy into a tight hug.

"Tommy! Oh my god we- we thought you were dead!" Phil gasped, "how- what-! That doesn't matter, are you okay!? You look like you've been through hell!"

"I have." Tommy said quietly, leaning into the hug.

"Oh mate..." Phil sighed, "come on, I'll make you some hot chocolate and we can talk-"

Tommy shook his head, "I just want to sleep."

Phil paused, "are you sure..?"

Tommy nodded again, pulling away from the hug and going into his cabin. Friend bleated at him, trotting over to nuzzle his face. Tommy managed a small smile.

"Hi Friend." Tommy pet the soft wool, "I missed you so much."

Friend bleated again, leaning against Tommy. The boy hugged them tightly. Then Tommy went to his room, hoping for a long night of sleep.

But when he opened his door, he found Tubbo and Ranboo there. The three were silent for a minute before Ranboo spoke up.

"Tommy? You're-" Ranboo breathed

"Hey Ranboo." Tommy said quietly.

"Hi, you're-" Ranboo glanced at Tubbo, who sat in shock, "You're... ah- You're here...? Wow! That's a- That's cool!"

"Hey..." Tommy mumbled.

"Um... How are you- How are you doing? You're doing alright?" Ranboo asked.

Tommy nodded, "Yeah..?"

"That's- that's good. That's good... Um... You're- Okay. You're here. Um..." Ranboo took a breath, "Okay, so- ... Okay, so obviously you're- I don't-? How do you-? How are you...? How are you here...? I mean, obviously, you know-"

"I'm he- You know, I'm here. I'm he- I know what?" Tommy shook his head.

"Right..? Yeah, you're here." Ranboo nodded.

"Obviously, I know what?" Tommy asked holding his arms.

"Obviously, you know what happened." Ranboo said slowly, "I mean-"

"What happened?" Tommy's breath hitched.

"Or what everyone thinks... I mean-" Ranboo shrugged.

"No, what happened?" Tommy asked, "Tell me. Tell me! Tell me! TELL ME!"

Ranboo took a step back, startled by the outburst, "Sam- Okay, Sam-"

"No one's treating me normal! Just tell me!" Tommy cried.

"Okay, what- what- what- What happened was, one day Tubbo, Techno, and I were sitting on the cliff, and we got the death massage that you've... lost your last life. You were gone." Ranboo explained, pain blossoming in his chest at the memory.

"I was." Tommy breathed.

"Was it fake?" Ranboo asked cautiously.

Tommy shook his head, "it was not fake. I was gone."

"You were- gone...?" Ranboo's eyes went wide as his tail dropped.

"Stop making me tal-!" Tommy huffed, "I just want to go to bed!"

"Yep- No, no! It's okay! I mean- You asked-" Ranboo stables over his words, pulling up a still shocked Tubbo and taking him out of the room.

Then Tommy was alone. He curled up in his bed, the thoughts of everything crashing down on him. They all thought he was dead. He was dead.

Tommy cried himself to sleep that night. And if he heard Phil come in with hot chocolate a few hours later, he didn't say anything. But the next morning, Phil found an empty glass and a small note that just read "thank you."