Just like a Ghost

Tommy woke up on the hard floor. He was confused for a moment, but soon remembered what happened the day before. He yelled at Techno. Techno threw him out.

Tommy choked back a sob. Techno had been furious with him. He didn't mean when he said. If Techno died, Tommy would still be in exile, or he would be dead himself.

The boy pushed himself up, the book he had falling off his lap. Tommy picked up the book carefully. He brushed some dust off the cover. Maybe he could restore it.

Tommy sighed, putting the book into his inventory. After he kills Sam. After everything goes back to normal.

Tommy got to his feet, taking a moment to collect himself. He was going to kill Sam today, or at least die trying. After all, he didn't have anything to look forward to anymore.

The blonde started walking towards the portal. It had been a while since he had seen this portal. It flickered every so often and Tommy wondered how much longer it would be until it broke down.

Tommy passed through the portal into the nether. The pathway to the main hub had been destroyed. He'd have to build down to get the to Greater SMP. It took a little while, especially when he had to collect more netherrack.

Soon, Tommy was staring up at the main portal. He gulped. By the end of the day, Sam would be dead. He went through.

It was raining when Tommy stepped through. He almost scoffed at the cliche. A murder in the rain. Tommy shook his head, starting off toward the community house. At least he would be dry there.

The torches hanging on the walls gave a warm light to the building as Tommy walked in. The blonde sighed softly. He'd wait for the rain to clear a little before he started his search. Tommy sat down against the wall, leaning his head back and closing his eyes.

"Hi!"

A sudden voice made Tommy jump up, reaching for his axe. His eyes widened as he saw who was in front of him. A lime green hooded tee-shirt hung loosely over a black long sleeve. A large rip stretched from where his shoulder joined his neck and down his chest, stitched back together with white thread. The white mask he usually wore was tied to his hip as he grinned widely at Tommy.

Tommy screamed, backing away from the ghost.

Ghost Dream flinched back, "I-Its okay! I'm not going to hurt you!"

"What the fuck!?" Tommy screamed, "Why are you-!? How are-!? You're a ghost!"

Ghost Dream sighed, hovering in the air, "yeah, I am."

Tommy grit his teeth, "you don't deserve to come back! You don't deserve to have another chance! Why the fuck are you here!?"

"I-I don't know..." Ghost Dream told him, "I remember what I did, and I'm sorry. I don't remember why I did what I did, and I don't remember who I hurt..."

"What do you mean you don't remember who you hurt?" Tommy asked

Ghost Dream shrugged, "I don't remember anyone. I remember hurting people, but when I try to remember their faces or names it's just... Nothing."

Tommy took a cautious step forward, "you... You don't remember me?"

Ghost Dream shook his head and held out his hand, "Nope! I'm Dream!"

Tommy scoffed, "so no ghost name? Nothing like Ghostbur, Ghostboo, Phantominnit?"

Dream shook his head, giving Tommy a small smile, "I'm just Dream."

Tommy hummed, "no. I'm calling you... Gream? No, how about Draith? Like a wraith?"

The ghost frowned, "isn't a wraith like a bad spirit?"

"You were a bad person." Tommy crossed his arms.

Dreaith sighed, "I know..."

Tommy huffed and turned to where the sky was begining to clear, "well I'm Tommy. I'm the one you manipulated, abused, and beat to death."

Draith's eyes went wide, "Tommy... I'm so so sorry I-"

"Save it Draith." Tommy snapped, walking out the door towards the main smp, "you're not Dream. Your apology means nothing to me."

"W-wait! Where are you going!?" Draith asked.

"I'm going to kill the person who hurt one of my best friends." Tommy told him, "just stay out of the way or I'll send you to limbo to meet some new people."

Draith flinched at the harsh words. Before he could speak up again, Tommy was already far down the path.

Draith shook his head as he watched the boy, "Tommy... Don't go down the same path I did..."