Woodcutting

Tommy leaned against Henry, relishing in the warmth of the cow. He ran a hand over his fur. It was rough from months of being kept underground, but Tommy would sort that out. Soon Henry's fur will be soft again.

There was a knock on his door. Tommy jumped lightly. Usually people just walked in.

"Hello?" Tommy called.

"Hey, Tommy." Techno opened the door, "I was uh, needin to collect wood and was wondering if you wanted to come with."

Tommy fought back a smirk ,"you hate collecting wood with me."

"I uh, need a lot." Techno said.

"Why don't you ask Phil or Ranboo? Or Tubbo?" Tommy asked.

"Tubbo and Ranboo are taking Michael back to Snowchester for a bit, something about a vacation?" Techno shrugged, "anyway, Phil is doing other things right now."

Tommy sighed, "alright, I'll go. What kind of wood?"

"Spruce." Techno responded, "a couple stacks."

"Of planks?" Tommy asked hopefully, standing up.

Techno shook his head, "Logs."

Tommy groaned, "Techno!"

The piglin shrugged, "it's what I need."

Tommy huffed as he followed Techno out, "this fucking sucks."

"You agreed to come." Techno hummed.

"I know, I know." Tommy sighed as he summoned his axe.

The two worked in silence, chopping down trees as they made their way further into the forest. It was nice, Tommy supposed, like how it was before the community house blew up. Tommy frowned. It seemed like so long ago, but it had only been a couple months. It was blown up in January, and it was late March now. Four months.

"Hey, Tommy?" Techno said, breaking the boy out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?" Tommy responded, starting on another tree.

"You remember when the L'manburg office tried to uh, execute me?" Techno asked.

Tommy nodded, turning to the piglin. Techno sighed softly, setting his axe down.

"Dream helped me get out, after they captured me." Techno told him, "he told me I owed him a favor."

Tommy took a step back, "T-Techno? Wha-what are you saying?"

"I'm just telling you now so Dream won't try and hold it over you." Techno said.

"You-you owe him a favor!?" Tommy yelled, "what favor!? What do he ask you to do!?"

"Nothing yet." Techno turned to Tommy, "do you remember my philosophy?"

"What the fuck does that have to do with anything!?" Tommy took a step back.

"Those who treat me with kindness, I will repay that kindness tenfold." Techno recited, "And those that treat me with injustice, that use me, that hunt me down."

Techno stepped forward and pulled Tommy into a hug, "that hurt my friends. I shall repay that injustice a thousand times over."

"You're not making any sense." Tommy said, tears filling his eyes.

"You're my friend Tommy." Techno told him, "perhaps family now. And Dream has hurt you. He doesn't deserve a favor from me."

Tommy felt a weight lift from his shoulders that he didn't know he had. He hugged Techno back tightly.

"I will never allow Dream to cash in that favor." Techno said, "not anymore, not for a long time."

"Did you even need wood?" Tommy sniffed, tears starting to fall.

"Yeah, I wouldn't lie to you." Techno pulled away, giving Tommy a small smile.

Tommy managed a small laugh, wiping the tears away, "okay."

"Come on, we need a few more stacks." Techno told him.

Tommy sighed, but followed Techno further into the woods. The two continued to work, the air much less tense. The sun was starting to sink as the two gathered enough wood.

"Alright, let's go home." Techno sighed.

Tommy nodded, jogging to catch up with the piglin, "hey Techno, what do you think Dream would ask you to do?"

Techno shrugged, "Well, he's in prison right now, he might ask me to break him out."

Tommy turned to look in front of him, "Honestly? I wouldn't care if he got out."

Techno paused, "what do you mean?"

"If Dream escapes, I can kill him." Tommy said.

Techno didn't say anything. He just watched as Tommy walked out of the forest. What happened to Tommy?