Chapter 3

It's now been three days since chapter two, you are now checking out your new house.

Fumbling with the keys to the front door of her newly rented house, she stuck them in the lock, turning the keys and listening for a barley audible *Click*

Y/Ns POV. 

A content smile made it's way to my face as I pushed open the door, taking a deep breath of the crisp evening winter air before stepping into my new home.

Looking around it didn't look like too much, the paint chipping off of the old walls, dust, and everything else you would expect from an old house that has been vacant for a while.

Though the house didn't look like much, it worked for me, it just needed a little touching up and it would look better when I've gotten everything in order.

I looked around for a couple of minutes, getting familiar with the layout, admiring the wooden floors and the wooden countertops of the kitchen.

Once I've decided that I've grown familiar enough, I headed back outside, getting into the back of my car and grabbing Bubba's cat cage, I set him inside and let him out so he could get comfortable in his new home.

As I left the house again, I locked the door after me, sticking the keys in my pocket. I wanted to check out the old town, see if anything had changed.

Making my way around the block, I noticed an.. ice cream truck? 'What the hell is an ice cream truck doing out here?? It's the middle of December..and it's late..'  I thought to myself.

It looked normal, just like any other you'd see.

Wait, now that I look at it- it..it looks somewhat familiar..

I kept the same pace, continuing to walk down the sidewalk towards the van, as I got closer, I could see more. It, of course, had a menu displaying all of the different things they had. And now, I could read the very clear name 'Frosty and Wheels' "Hm, sounds way to familiar.." I mumbled to myself, somehow, I managed to miss the fact that the window was open.

Contemplating whether or not I should go up and check it out, or just walk past, I didn't notice my dumb a$s had stopped walking, as I was now just standing there. Staring like an idiot.

A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Uhm, hello? May I help you young lady?" An overly happy-ish, and somewhat creepy- might I add, voice asked. My eyes shot in the direction, noticing an ice cream seller standing at the open window.

"O-oh, no, sorry-" I panicked, what the hell was wrong with me, he had just found me staring at his van.

"Well, you must be a cars kinda lady, though, never thought I'd meet one that's into ice cream vans." He joked. I felt my face heat up as I, again, stuttered an apology.

"Nah, you're okay ma'am, I'm just teasing" he reassured

Y/N gave an embarrassed chuckle, panicking internally. "Kill myself.." She muttered. 

"Anyways, you must be new, I don't think I've ever seen you around town." He spoke up.

"Uh, yeah actually, I just moved in, see I grew up here, and I've been wanting to move back for a while now." She smiled as she explained

"Really now? I've lived here all of my life, I think I would've remembered such a pretty face, may I ask your name?" He rested his head on the palm of his hand.

"O-oh, yes! That was rude of me, I'm Y/N, Y/N L/N." She told him, now inching a bit closer.

"Y/N! What a pretty name, I'm Rod, Rod Sullivan, it's quite nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too!"

Something about this man seemed familiar, not just his name or voice, which sounded like her old friend, but also his whole persona, he gave off a familiar vibe. And his name was Rod? Rod's dad had been an ice cream seller, she had a hunch it was Rod himself, but she could never be too sure, she didn't want to assume anything.

"Well Y/N, I have a feeling I might be seeing you around town more often!" He chuckled

"Yeah, I still have a lot I need to do, so, I'll see you around, Rod!" She gave him a brief wave before turning and running off.

He waved to her as she ran, something about her peaked his interest, maybe that was her, Y/N, his childhood friend, she certainly had the same features, and she was quite a pretty lady, he didn't want to jump to conclusions, so for now, he would just keep an eye on her.

Y/N slowed to a walk once she turned the corner, everything about that was awkward to her, he stuffed her hands in her pockets and continued walk home, she had a lot of unpacking she needed to do.

Time skip (kms)

She finished hanging the last of the curtains up, so far she had unpacked her silverware, pots, pans ECT. for the kitchen and gotten the living room set up, with no help by Bubba while she was struggling to get the T.V. on it's stand.

Letting out a relived sigh she plopped down onto the couch, she would just set up her room tomorrow, besides, it was already dark out.

She thought back to the encounter with that ice cream guy, still quite confused as to why he was out so late in the evening, then her thoughts went to her friend, she really thought that was him, he even sounded the same too.

She shrugged it off, kicking off her shoes and laying back on the couch, stretching her sore muscles, she got up and grabbed a blanket from her box labeled 'bedding'.

Walking back to the couch she laid down and pulled the blanket up over her body and snuggled into the back of the couch.

Bubba chirped and hopped onto the couch, curling up by her legs, he began to purr.

She smiled and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Aaaannnd there you go my little rats <3

Another chapter for you b**ches bc I love ya'll

And remember, there is no God, only Bubba.

【WINTER WONDERLAND】Rod Sullivan x FEM Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें