Chapter 22:

It had been a week since anything significant had happened and everyone's nerves were on frenzy. They were so worked up that Piccolo had gone to Kami and begged him to fuse with him so that he could handle any other threats.

Callion had agreed with Piccolo and knew that Kami needed to fuse with Piccolo, but he had no idea where things would go anymore. Everything was up and down with the way things were progressing. At first, everything seemed to progress the way things did in the original dragon ball story, but things have taken a turn.

Cell had yet to appear along with the disappearance of 17 and things had been way too quiet. He couldn't focus on any of his main tasks because he was continuously sensing the energy of everyone on Earth. Trying to see if there were any large amount of deaths anywhere that would indicate some sort of massacre from the androids, but he wasn't sensing anything unusual.

Until he felt the energy of someone familiar over in the distance. Towards West City, but not directly near Capsule Corps.

Trunks had arrived.

Callion felt Trunks's energy flare up momentarily which was a sign that he wanted to talk to everyone. The teen took off and began flying in his direction and he felt two other energy signatures somewhere behind him.

Goku and Gohan.

Eventually Callion had made it to where Trunks were and was greeted with a smile on his face. The teen returned that smile and soon the Son family had also landed beside them with smiles on their faces. It didn't take long for Vegeta to appear, along with Yamcha, Tien, and Krillin.

"Hello everyone!" Trunks said, his raspy voice filled with a tiny bit of joy. It was as if he'd been happy to see that they were alive. In reality, that might have been the case. In his timeline everyone died, but he already knew this. Maybe he was already expecting the Z-fighters of this time to be dead as well. "I'm glad you're ok."

"Of course we are." Callion said with a smile on his face, but he was careful not to say his name in front of everyone else. Trunks's identity still had not been revealed to everyone and Callion wanted it to stay that way for a while.

Trunks looked over everyone then his face contorted into one of confusion. "We're missing someone." He said.

Callion looked around, but couldn't understand what he was talking about.

Tien laughed it off a bit. "Yeah, I left Chiaotzu at home. Didn't want him getting into trouble just in case something happened."

The future Saiyan shook his head. "No." He said with that usual rasp in his voice. "Where is Android 18?"

Suddenly we heard someone flying towards us and then dropped down behind the group of fighters. "So you're that brat from the future?" Everyone turned around and immediately recognized where that voice had come from. The blond-haired android walked straight through the ground of people with a look of sassiness on her face. One that made Vegeta scoff and fold his arms.

"I see." Trunks said as he closed his eyes. "I've made it just in time." Trunks said with a smile on his face. "In just a few weeks enemies will begin to appear from out of those portals you've seen before."

"Enemies?" Callion questioned, but Vegeta grinned as he felt his Saiyan blood begin to boil in pure excitement. Goku had also gotten a bit excited from the thought of lighting new and stronger opponents. He had missed the fight with the android and was pretty down about it, but now he knew he was ready.

"Yes." Trunks answered. "You, or should I say the future you, told me to check and see if you'd managed to snap the Androids out of their mind controlled state. In my time, you failed to do it and they ran amok. They have been causing havoc all over the planet and only a small bit of the population is left. 17 and 19 aren't even our biggest problem in my time, but I see now that you managed to snap them out."