X

The next few years we lost touch, we didnt even manage to come home on holidays due to the studying we had to do in order to graduate on time. To be honest dad, it was kind of an excuse. The year of my 18th birthday i had my best christmas ever. Me and Namjoon alone with friends in a city far away from you being able to express ourselves freely. Laugh, drink, make jokes, eat all we want. That night i didnt sleep because i was afraid i would forget everything that happened earlier. Needless to say i was a zombie the following morning but it was worth it.

Everything was going smoothly, me and Namjoon even decided to attend therapy, we thought it could help us heal our inner child. We even had a stable income, normal daily lifes. It was far from perfect but better than what we knew up until then.

That was until mom called on my 21st birthday.

You got diagnosed with cancer. Your lungs were failing because of all the "stress smoking" you had done "because of us". The truth is you were addicted, you just needed an excuse. In the beginning i blamed myself because i remembered you smoking every time after we fought but then i remembered that you smoked after every time Joon had made you proud, as a reward.

Karma was coming through to you. And i was conflicted.