ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

After taking a few months to get your life back to what it was, you decided not to continue as an undercover agent. You and Chris talked it through many times, he was so scared you were making rash decisions because of everything you went through but when he realized that was how you really felt about the job he supported your decision.

He, on the other hand, couldn't go back even if he wanted to. He had been one of the most trusted undercover agents, never making any rookie mistake even when he was a rookie until he was paired with you. From the moment he kissed you, really kissed you not just to pretend, he knew his career was over but he didn't care. Now that he's found you he doesn't want to let go and just the thought of being pulled away from you for months or having to pretend being in love with someone else, kiss someone else, touch someone else makes his skin crawl. You're all he ever wants and he doesn't want to pretend like you aren't.

You had done pretty much everything backwards when it came to your relationship so when Chris showed up at your place after he had been looking for you for more than a week, you decided to do everything you had missed out on.

Chris took you out on your first date a few days later and on your second date the very next day. It was an odd feeling to go on dates with someone you already loved, someone you had already slept with and lived with but it was still fun. There was no pretending, no playing hard to get because he already had you.

He didn't linger awkwardly at the door at the end of the night unsure if the date went well for the both of you or if he should kiss you. You were already his and he was yours. At the end of the night you either went back to your place or his but either way you were finally alone together. Free to makeout, or more, without having anyone knocking on the bedroom door or having anyone hear what you were doing.

Chris ended up keeping his undercover look. You had been curious to see if he was going to go back to his fluffy hair and beard look, and you were glad to see he kept his rugged, bad boy look. It suited him better. He just had better clothes and a cleaner look now that he could buy new clothes and go to the barber instead of pretending like he couldn't afford new clothes or a real haircut. He looked really good, and the smug pain in the ass knew it.

You on the other hand went back to your regular look which wasn't really different from the one you had undercover just with better clothes and no more homemade hair dye.

Chris got his pension and retirement money when he left the FBI and used it to open a garage. He specializes in old and vintage cars, which quickly made him one of the most sought out mechanics in California.

"Would you be mad if I used my retirement money to open a garage?" He had blurred out one night while you were making dinner at his house.

You turned away from the stove to look at him sitting at the kitchen island, because he loves to watch you cook, a deep frown on your face.

"Say that again?"

You put down the wooden spoon.

"Do I have to?" He bit down on his lip nervously.

"Babe." You sighed and shook your head. You turned off the stove and walked around the kitchen island to come stand next to him.

He turned around on his chair to be facing you, already knowing this conversation wasn't going to go well.

"Repeat your question exactly like you said it to me the first time."

"Would you be mad if I used my retirement money to open a garage?" Somehow he managed to sound even less confident than he did the first time he asked.

"Do you hear it?"

He looked confused. "Hear what?"

"You're asking me if I am going to be mad if you use your money to open a garage that you want."