Chapter 20 [D-3]

Y/n's POV

I deleted my mom and dad's contacts on my phone so that they won't confiscate it. Miss Henley got into the mood after she slapped me. And Thomas.... Sigh.

As far as I know, I only had one classes with him. But he's in the same floor as me and same adviser. He's a quiet kid and loves animals.

If only I knew...

"Mom, dad, I swear I'll make it out of here."

That slap earlier, reminded me of...

[Racoon City, 9 years ago, Scarrow Residence]

"pssst!"

"hey wake up."

"Y/nieee."

I opened one eye and saw my older brother crouched beside my bed. His shirt's still the same from yesterday and his hair's a mess.

"Huh?what is it now?" I asked.

"I have something to show you." he said.

"but I'm still," I yawned."..sweepy"

He sighed, "come on Y/n..."

I groaned." fine..." I got out of bed and wore my slip-ons.

"wear your coat..."

"where are we going?"

He remained silent. We left the house and went to the backyard where it connects to the woods and a river flowing in between. We stopped once we're close to the water.

"remember when I told you that I'll find you some glowing algae?" He asked.

I nodded. "but you said its a rare phenomenon. Plus, it's already night time. Big bro—"

He picked up some rocks and threw it in the river. The water glowed blue with every step the stone took. I widened my eyes.

"Timothee Scarrow, you're a prodigy!!!" I yelled.

Timothee chuckled and I quickly picked up some rocks too and threw it in random directions.

"BIG BRO LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!"

"Shhhhh!! I know, I know!"

I was so amazed.

"I've been looking after this for months." He said.

"IT'S SO AWESOME!!!"

"Shhhh! Quiet Y/n!"

I laughed. Timothee shook his head and sat on the grass.

"the sky is filled with stars big bro, look!"

I pointed and Timothee followed my gaze. As a nine year old, I find things pretty fascinating and my brother loves to show me new things. He's super smart!

"I'm leaving tomorrow Y/n.." He said.

"do you have to?" I pouted.

"Yup. Someday, you'll be going to college too. Just like me."

Timothee stood up and I hugged him. "remember to stay in contact. Okay big bro?"

The next day, I woke up and mom said Timothee already left. He's 19 years old. I thought that, for sure, he'll come back before he starts working.

--

2 years later, big bro still contacts us but not me. Hence, his conversations with both mom and dad are... Not really that good, I must say.