Chapter 35

"What the hell man?" Lance sighed in relief when he heard Tyrell's voice. "Where's Y/n?!" Carlos asked Lance and he pointed inside the store. "Jesus, are they a thing?" Lance said. Tyrell stiffled a laugh, seeing the young one's annoyed expression. "Let's get this car moving."

Y/n's POV

He took them. I bet he started this shit too. What does he want from them? Forgiveness? After all he's done? Tsk. As if.

Then a hand grabbed my shoulder, spinned me around. "What the—" It was Carlos. He lifted both of my arms, checked my back, my neck, and then to my face, he tilted it side to side and squeezed my cheeks with one hand. Quickly lighting a flashlight to my eyes as well. "What the hell are you doing?" He sighed of relief and released my cheeks. "I'm just checking if you're bitten." I bopped my head continuously while staring at him. "I'm clean." He scratched the back of his head and whistled. "Well,uh, let's grab some more shall we?" Carlos carefully pulled the cart away from me and dashed to the next aisle.

"So? Where are we heading after this?" I asked as I catched up to him. Picking up a snack from the cart and opening it with my teeth. "Well... Wherever the train will bring us. There's a 50% chance that the coordinates are messed up."

Bam!

We both turned to the right when the storage door opened. An RPD officer went out. Holding a plastic filled with supplies as well. Mostly medicines. "I'll take care of this. You go on ahead." Carlos whispered and I took over the cart.

Author's POV

Carlos and the officer pointed guns at each other. "W-Who are you people?!" The officer shouted, his voice shaky. "Easy! Easy! We're here to help. My team converted subway cars into a shelter. It's safe." "WE'RE DOOMED! THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS SAFE!" "Sir, you need to calm down—" "THE END IS NEAR! WE ALL SHALL PERISH—" Carlos was stepling closer and closer to him.

"Sir, I ask you to lower your gun." "MURDERERS—EUGH" In a flash, a punch landed on his face and he dropped his gun to the floor. Holding his nose that's already bleeding. "Shut your fucking mouth before the infected hears us. Asshole." Carlos yanked her away and held her hand. "Your knuckles are red. Jesus, Y/n, learn to hold your horses!"

"Ah. Miss Y/n? Eugh." The officer regained his composure and faced the two. "Y/n Scarrow. Daughter of former S.T.A.R.S chief Nathan Scarrow." He picked up his supplies and bowed. "I'm sorry, f-for the way I acted earlier. I-I just... My wife is pregnant and she's in the hospital right now. Her cousin, who's supposed to be the doctor in charge of her hasn't picked up the phone for two hours already. If I could get these things to her..."

The sound became inaudible as Carlos cornered the officer somewhere near the storage room to talk to hin. Y/n continued to get supplies. She was about to bend to pick up a bottle of water when she heard a roughly low growl. She crouched beside the cart and listened carefully. "Did you guys hear that?" Carlos and the officer shushed. "I hear that too." Carlos answered.

"Please, if there's a way that I can bring these to my wife— AHHHH" A tentacle wrapped itself on the officer's body and lifted him up. "Fuck!" Carlos grunted and started shooting at the licker. "Above you!" Another licker hit Carlos's hand, making him drop his weapon and he too, was lifted in the air via his arm. Carlos grabbed a hand gun from his pocket and started shooting the one holding him.

The officer's body was torn to two and it fell on the ground. It's raining blood. "You fucker!" Y/n aimed at the first licker and started shooting it as well. Outside, Tyrell and Lance were alerted with the sound of gunshots. "What the hell?" Lance said and Tyrell sprinted inside while turning back to him. "GET THAT CAR RUNNING ASAP." "Ugh, Jesus, OK."

When Tyrell got inside, the first licker is already down but the second is still holding on to Carlos. Another one arrived and trampled Y/n to the ground. Tyrell grabbed his shotgun and shot its exposed brain first. The creature backed away and then he shot it on the leg, back and head again. Dead. "Go Y/n! Get the hell outta here!"

Y/n scurried and grabbed hold of the cart, running outside. Lance catched up to her and helped her unload the items. Swiftly throwing them in the trunk of the car. Midway, Y/n ran back inside. "Where the hell are you going?!" Lance shouted at her. "I'm gonna help them!" "What. The. Fuck." Lance finished the task and when he turned his head to the back. He bulged out his eyes. A pack of zombies are approaching their way because of the noise.

Lance dashed inside and yelled,"THERE'S A FUCKING HORDE COMING THIS WAY! A FUCKING HORDE—" Y/n yanked him and they ran outside. Tyrell threw a flashbang to the infected crawling from the inside and ran with Carlos behind him. "GO GO GO" Carlos said and Tyrell sat on the driver's seat, Lance beside him and Y/n and Carlos at the back. Hence, they drove off to the subway.

[Meanwhile in Umbrella]

Timothee, inside a mini control room with a big screen and his digital keyboard, he's watching Y/n and the other's escapade. The cameras following their direction. Timothee observed her comrades. "All male..." He muttered. Then a mini pop up screen appeared, focusing on Lance. He typed "Civilian Identity Profile Check".

Lance Smith

19

Relatives: Nicole Smith(mother), Adam Smith(father)

He continued reading and noticed that his credentials are mostly related to sports. Knock. Knock. The door opened, revealing Jake without his coat. "Can I come in?" "..." "I'll take that as a yes." He entered and closed the door behind him.

Jake pulled a swivel chair and turned it around so the S-Curve back is facing his chest whilst he sat down. "So? Whatchu doin?" The big screen showed the four entering the streets leading to the Tram station. Four pop up screens are stationed beside it. Their profile checks. "Ohhhh, I get it. You're doing a background check!" Timothee didn't budge and just crossed his arms. Watching. "Jesus, you really don't talk do you?" Jake carried the chair closer to the other male.

"Now let's see who's this 'close relative' of yours." Jake said and looked at the top left mini screen. Showing Lance. "Hmmm..." He then glanced at Timothee's hair. "Nah, you ain't blonde." Then Jake switched to the one under it. "Well, I'm also SURE as hell that black guy ain't your relative." Timothee glared at him. "Geez, lighten up man."

Jake reviewed the remaining screens on the right and saw Y/n and Carlos' profiles. " it's not that big bulky guy. Ah! The brunette girl!" Jake leered at Timothee and noticed the hair color. "Yup. That's close relative. A.K.A your sister." Timothee sighed. "Don't you have better things to do?" Jake shrugged. "I was at one of the labs back there, annoying them. But I got fed up. So I'm here." Timothee rolled his eyes and stared at the screen again.

"Is that your girl's boyfriend? He's quite decorated." Jake said. Timothee removed the other profiles and highlighted Carlos' profile. His U.B.C.S missions and guerrilla past made him stand out. His steady position as Corporal all throughout the years. Then Timothee removed all of the screens entered another camera showing the museum. There are two guards holding the barricades because the infected are swarming.

"You take the left one, I take the right one." Timothee said and Jake nodded. They stared at the screen and right when the RPD guards saw the camera, blood trickled down their nose. Jake and Timothee stared harder as if looks can kill. Until, the guards' eyes are bleeding as well and BOOM! Their heads exploded and the zombies ran inside. Stepping over their lifeless bodies.

TO BE CONTINUED...