Chapter 24

Y/n's POV

After a good 30 freaking minutes of shouting and convincing the others to jump, we finally made it in one piece. Everybody rubbing a certain part of their body due to the fall, including me. My arms are sore.

"Y/n!" I turned mto where the masculine voice came. Carlos and the other soldiers are ok. I waved at him. "We're okay! Are you guys coming down?"

Carlos shook his head. "Only some of my men! They'll escort you to the Quadrangle while we scout the North Wing! Search for survivors!"

I salute and two soldiers jumped as well.

"Ah! You two are the guys back at the abandoned house, the ones who saved us, right?" Lilith's eyes lit up as she stood in front of them.

Their tall figure making her look like a curious kid. The two were avoiding her gaze, slightly hitting each other with the muzzles of their rifles.

"You two are twins, aren't you?" I asked. The two soldiers were stunned as if they've been exposed of a crime they didn't even do.

"I'm Lucas." Says the guy on the right with freckles all over his face. "I'm Liam." The guy with no freckles but he's got scattered moles around his face. Both of their eyes are blue.

I smiled at them. " Can you two take the lead?" I wouldn't mind being in the frontrow but we've got survivors with us so its better to give the spotlight to them. They have WAY more experience with firearms than me.

--

Honestly, the South Wing is peaceful. The hallways are fresh and tidy, except for the occasional pairs of rubber shoes placed beside their doorsteps and posters of Championship Leagues, Sports-fests and player recruitments plastered on the walls.

Passing by, it reminded me of the good old days. During our university's Foundation Day, our last event before this all happened, I recalled each canopy of a building fully decorated with banners and an insignia that represents that wing. When you look up, colorful banderitas are hanging and tied in each pole. The cafeteria is crowded. There were also vendors in the quadrangle selling things that you can rarely find around here. Parents and guardians can enter for two days. In that span of a week, you can wear whatever the hell you want.

If I were given a chance to relive it again and make it ten times worth it, and get along with my other classmates, heck, I'll risk it all... But, I guess I can't. They're gone. They sacrificed their everything.

Maybe I was wrong. The time I convinced myself that the wings don't give a damn about each other. I think we do. We just can't express it fully because of, well, many reasons. College life has never been so easy in the first place. We're all in the same page but not the same library.

No matter what, I'll avenge your death guys... All of you.

Carlos's POV

I opened the gate to the North Wing. No lurking infected at the moment. Which is a good sign. Captain Mikhail and Tyrell marched towards the front door.

Static noise*

"Oliveira speaking. Does anyone copy?"

???: It's on! It's on! AAAAAAAAA!

???: SHUT UP MAXIMUS!

???: What does that button do?

???: hey, I thought zombies only exist in my video games.

???: Are you for real right now?!

???: Hurry up and say what those Miltary guys say in movies when they're on the radio!