Chapter 4 - Starting up (Revised)

It's morning in the world where the main base of the sirens is located. Normally, this world would be their home world. But since the time of their creation, they never did claim a world for their own kind as they don't have a reason to do so.

As the reason why, let's just say that they're just lazy to manage it and stick to managing a large fortress.

We can see inside the fortress at one of the hallways, a group of sirens are walking to the lab. Empress and the six dwar- I mean six elite sirens walked through the hallways while talking some trivial matters. While they walk, Alpha asks something that bugs her mind when she remembers the coffee incident on their way there...

"Beta, what was in the coffee machine last time?" Alpha asked Beta while tilting her head to the side. Beta sweats on her question.

"Oh, y-you mean the coffee beans. *Trying to not stutter* I told you those are from I-Iris Libre's.

"Hmm? really? then explain why those two went berserk." Alpha said with a shine on her eyes. Beta noticed that shine and looks away, as she knows that this octopus gets curious on things that should be left unanswered. They have reached the entrance of the lab but stopped as the Beta takes a deep breath.

"N-nothing..." Beta lied.

"Nothing my aft!" She grabs Beta and starts shaking her.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Purifier looks behind her and saw Beta being shaken hard like a shake from a juice stall. She grins and tries something.

"That looks fun! Let me join!" Purifier grabs Beta and shakes her too.

*CRASH*

'...These idiots.' Empress sighs as she glances to the three misfits.

They continued walking to the lab while the idiots on the back kept on escalating their shenanigans. As they walked, Empress stopped in front of a blast doors.

"We'll take a shortcut from here." Empress pointed to the door.

The elite sirens knew that door, it was only accessible to Arbiters, judging from the different hazard signs on it. They know that the secrets behind it would be known.

"Is it fine? it's not like we're against it but..."

"It's fine. There's not much secrets behind these doors anyway... aside from that incident." Empress whispered that last line quietly. She took out a card that was hidden from her dress and hover it above the card reader. The card reader flashes green, she also typed in a password along with biometrics, and the blast doors opened upwards.

The elite sirens saw claw marks, more hazard signs and... trash? It's a place of wonder alright. They were speechless.

"""""...""""" "Cool..."

Except for one idiot.

Empress stood in front of them and introduces the place half-heartedly.

"This place is just a relaxation site for us Arbiters. Those claw marks you all saw? Strength did that because she's sometimes frustrated because she can't find an enemy strong enough to fight her." Empress explained. Beta has a slightly disappointed look as she thought this area is special, but it turns out to be a normal area.

"Then what about those hazard signs on most of the rooms? There must be at least something interesting in there." Alpha hopefully said to Empress, which she nods her head. Alpha smiled and continues walking. But Empress remembered a sinister incident that happened in one of those rooms.

'There was one... where we experimented on five of the Executor sirens. We thought that we can make those subjects have a will of their own and have the same but... it was a disaster.' Empress recalled that day, when those five Executors were subjected to heavy modifications on their bodies and their brains enhanced to elite level. What they did is make the lesser sirens be as powerful as an elite siren.