Chapter 6 - Smoky Reveal (Revised)

Somewhere at the deserts of New Mexico, a top secret research facility is hidden from the populace in the past but it is now one of the surviving labs leading the research on the Wisdom Cube Project.

Most of the personnel are excited about the breakthrough of the Wisdom Cube. They, with their very own eyes, created the hope of humanity, called "Shipgirls". (I know it's KAN-SEN so bear with me.)
They are the personification of the warship themselves, taking the optimal form of a charming and beautiful woman with potentially devastating weapons. Of course, most men thought it's their "assets" which earned enough reason for the women to move right behind them.

Most of the men were sent to the medical bay because they were stunned by their beauty and gawked at them for too long in certain areas that their significant other knocked them out.

The beings they created were too beautiful to describe. One is wearing a white one piece with an admiral coat on top, an armband with a star on her right arm, and has a very silky waist-long pale pink hair. The other is wearing a female version of an admiral uniform with a distinctive armband on her right arm.

They created 2 ships, USS Yorktown and IJN Mikasa but they changed it to "summoned" instead since they came out of nowhere inside the testing tanks after a bright light. Except for IJN Mikasa, as the ship in question turned to a woman with animal traits for some reason and currently lying on the floor on where her ship was supposed to be. They took USS Yorktown out of the tank, while helping IJN Mikasa stand up and observed the two's physical looks as they wanted to know on why they took the form on what they are. But they were soon put to a halt when one of them talked.

"Uh... why are you all looking at us???" Mikasa said with a tinge of red on her cheeks. They were baffled when one of the women talked, they knew they could talk but not this soon.

"Oh! Sorry for that, we were overwhelmed when you two were summoned as a person, because we didn't know how or why but that is the reason why we're all observing you." Said by one of the female researchers.

"Are girls the only ones who work now?" Mikasa tilts her head as she noticed that most of the people are women except for those sitting in front on some kind of small square machinery

"No, most of the men are currently on break!" Said by another who's covering the blood stains on her sleeves.

"I see? Why were we summoned or made...? If I recall correctly, I already sank..." Yorktown said while placing a finger on her chin.

"Weren't I a museum ship?" Mikasa asked. As they voiced their confusion, one of the female researchers that looked like someone who has a higher status than the rest, walked towards them and answered their questions.

"We understand why you two are confused since both of you never got any physical form and emotions, correct?" She asked which the two nodded.

"I'm sorry for asking this but... do you both remember the previous wars?" She asked in hesitation. Yorktown casted a frown while Mikasa grits her teeth in frustration. Of course they remember; the blood, the screams, the sound of cannons firing... They remember every single last detail of the wars they took part in. They remember not just because they were given the chance to think as a living being but they knew it all too well like something was giving them the memories and history of the events.

"Yes... I remember..." Yorktown said as she glared at Mikasa.

"So do I..." Mikasa said as she also met the intense gaze of Yorktown.

The atmosphere between the two is getting so heavy that the people around them were fainting while others fell down after their legs gave up. Only seconds have gone by but for humans? They felt it was an eternity. Yorktown closed the gap between them and stared right at the eyes of Mikasa who also starred back.