Leo x Foot Reader: Part 3

With every encounter, run-in, and lingering gaze, Leo and you continued to blur the line between enemies and..whatever you two actually were. It's not like you didn't realize how badly this could affect your reputation and standing in the Foot Clan. You just didn't care.

Shredder continued to reprimand you and Karai for your failed attempts to capture the Turtles.

It was starting to bother you, how much he wanted them gone. There was a story behind it. One you needed to find out. Karai wasn't much help since she never gave you an answer when you asked for a motive.

Instead you felt a drift between you and her forming. At the moment you were blowing off steam on a rooftop. You and Karai had an argument. About the Turtles, about you, and you and Leo.

"I know you like to mess around Y/N but I've had about enough of you playing with Leo. He's the enemy! Him and his family!" You had scoffed at her nagging.

"They're your DADS enemies. Not mine. I didn't join the Foot Clan for this!" You had snapped at her.

"Then maybe you shouldn't be here!" Karai had shoved past you, her shoulder slamming against yours. You had angrily grabbed her shoulder.

"Excuse me!? Sorry that I can't just blindly follow you or Daddy's orders when I don't even know where this grudge starts!" Karai ripped her arm out of your grasp, and shouted.

"THEIR MASTER KILLED MY MOTHER!" And with that, Karai ran off, leaving you standing in the hall.

Could that be true...?

***

You angrily threw a ninja star, getting it stuck in a wall you were taking your frustration out on. When did things get so out of hand? You and Leo? The Turtles and The Foot? You and Karai's sisterhood? It felt like it was all collapsing.

"All over again.." You clenched your fists before drawing a blade from under your sleeve and blocking a ninja star you heard coming at you.

"Who the he-..." You didn't get the chance to finish your sentence, since you were suddenly knocked off your feet. You easily landed on your feet, one hand on the ground as you readied your blade to strike. You faltered once you saw Leo, smirking with his hands on his hips.

"It's not usually this easy to catch you off guard. Am I throwing you off your game?" He tilted his head. I sheathed my blade, standing up.

"You wish." You snickered before sighing and going to sit on the ledge of the building. Leo blinked a couple of times and then looked over at you.

"That's it? Where's the usually flirty line and then fight afterwards?" Leo walked over to you. He really had caught you at the worst time. You ran a hand through your hair, shaking your head.

"Not today Leonardo." Now he was worried. You had never used his full name. There was always some cheesy or playful nickname. He hesitated, and then sat beside you with a crooked smile.

"Wanna talk about it?" He offered. You thought for a moment. I could ask him about what Karai said...Leo's the enemy but he...he's all I got at the moment. Taking a deep breath, you spoke.

"Karai told me. Your Sensei killed her mother..." Leo's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed your shoulders.

"That's a lie!" The sudden grab and shout caught you off guard, causing you to tense. He realized his actions surprised you and let go of you. "Sorry....It's just, that's not the truth. Splinter would never hurt an innocent. Never." You relaxed. I can't imagine someone as sincere and righteous as Leo could have been brought up by a murderer.

"I really shouldn't believe you since we're enemies," You made air quotes with your fingers while smiling. "But I don't really trust Shredder to be the honest type. So I believe you.." A smile made its way onto his face.

"R-really? T-this is great!" He grabbed you again. You gave a cheeky smile as he grabbed you.

"Can't keep your hands off me huh?" He huffed, blushing a bit.

"You do not get to say that after kissing me the first time we met." You shrugged and playfully stuck out your tongue at him.

"So what's so great about me believing you about your Sensei Splinter not killing Karais mom?" You questioned.

"You can convince her! Try and get her to understand! You're her best friend aren't you?" You frowned. His expression became one of worry. "Aren't you?"

"I-I dunno Leo. I mean I guess I..," You couldn't find the words, making Leo look at you with confused but soft eyes. "We got into a fight Leo, why do you think I'm up here? Why do you think I suddenly know about Shredder telling Karai your Sensei killed her mom?" You got up, shrugging his hands off you with a frustrated sneer. Your aggravation remembering the argument and Shredder's reprimands were turning you into a ticking time bomb.

"Y/N please. You may be the only one who can do this," Leo begged. "There's good in her. She shouldn't be with the Foot. She doesn't belong with Shredder."

What about me..? You thought, feeling an aching sensation in your just. Am I just his way to get to Karai?

"Why don't you convince her yourself huh!? Leave me out of it!" You didn't mean to snap but everything was making you angry. Bitter. Tired. Exhausted. Leo scrambled onto his feet, following you.

"Y/N I've tried! Karai won't listen to me but you can-" You turned to him, closing your eyes as you shouted.

"I'M NOT YOUR LITTLE MESSENGER GIRL OR A TOOL! LEAVE ME ALONE!" You felt your shoulders shaking as you looked up at Leo. He looked shocked. Surprised. You bit your bottom lip and looked away. "Just leave me alone..."

"Y/N wait that's not!-"

You ignored him, flinging a ninja smoke bomb, and dashing away as fast as you could. Why am I so upset!? I don't care if he doesn't see any good in me! There isn't any good in me!

You started to slow down after you had gotten far away enough. ".........," Tears started to drip down your face. Shredder yelling. Karai storming away from you. Leo...didn't see any good in you...did he? You wiped at her eyes with your sleeve. "Not like I care.." You kicked the door to the Foot Clan Lair open, rage consuming you.

I don't care. I don't need anyone, I don't need Leo to see good in me. I don't need Karai! I don't need Shredder bossing me around. I don't need anyone! I never did! You slammed the door to your room shut and stood in the middle of your room, shaking and panting heavily.

You bit her lip and fell to your knees, choking back tears.

.

.

.

.

.

Does...anyone need me...?