chapter twenty // for the first time.

liam's pov

"God fucking dammit!"

Loud curse words pull from my deep slumber, cutting me off mid-snore, and nearly give me half a heart attack. I squint to be able to see all the commotion going on in my room, seeing Dr. Frenette rushing to my window, sliding the blinds shut, dimming the room considerably.

"What the - " I croak, still feeling half asleep as I look around frantically, my stomach twisting as people continue to pile into my room. Suddenly I begin to feel very crowded and claustrophobic

"Can anyone give me any sort of explanation for this?" Dr. Frenette shouts loudly over everyone, causing the room to fall silent as they stare at him with slight terror in their eyes.

Tyler steps forward, looking incredibly stressed, nearly to the point of a mental break down. The longer I sit here in confusion, the more anxious I become.

"This isn't all that uncommon. The paparazzi always manages to find them," He runs his fingers through his hair as my stomach twists.

The paparazzi found out...

The last thing I want right now are those idiots getting their way in here and snapping pictures of me like this.

"The bigger question is whether or not this hospital is equipped to deal with this," Tyler quips back, looking at Dr. Frenette and the other doctors with doubt.

"We understand your worries," Dr. Gerard speaks up, being much more polite than Dr. Frenette, "But this facility should be of no worry to you or Liam, we care for high profile cases like this all the time. We have an incredibly trained security staff."

I want to interject into the conversation, hating the way they talk about me as if I weren't even here. I have so many questions filling my head, making it hard to even think straight.

How many people are here? What is the media saying? What does this mean for my treatment here? Am I going to be transferred?

My entire body aches with exhaustion, but I know it's not from this pile of stress that has been unloaded on me - though that is also taking a toll on me - it's due to the fact that I slept for a whopping total of about two hours last night.

Instead of sleeping like a normal human being, I was up staring at my ceiling the entire night, stuck between absolute terror and pure bliss. Quite the combo.

Last night was one of the most amazing nights ever. I was finally able to venture out of this god awful hospital room, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I could breathe again. It was so refreshing to just see something new again, instead of the same stale routine.

And then of course there was Ellie.

It was incredible to be able to get out of the room with her, and then she brought me to the most amazing place ever. The greenhouse will forever be imprinted in my brain as this idyllic paradise, overflowing with an array of colorful flowers and plants. The thing that made it so special was that it was this private place of Ellie's that she chose the share with me. I could tell by the look on her face that it meant a lot to her, and she wouldn't just show it to anyone.

And just when I didn't think the night could get any better, I was proven incredibly wrong.

Just thinking about kissing Ellie makes my brain turn into mush and my stomach to do flips, rendering me completely useless as a human being. I just kept replaying it over and over again in my head last night. I can still vividly remember how soft her lips felt against mine; it's not something I think I'll ever forget.