fix you // liam payne

liam's pov

Adrenaline pulses through my veins as I run off stage, jumping in the air and laughing happily as if I had just won the lottery. The moments when we step off stage and can still hear the screams coming from our fans makes me want to just break down and cry of happiness.

It never gets old.

Niall laughs and wraps his arm around me; two sweaty bodies sharing a moment that only the five of us can understand. I just shake my head with disbelief. I thought perhaps I'd get used to it all, after all this time, but it still feels like it had in the beginning.

"Great job, lads!" Tyler claps as we head into our dressing rooms, covered with sweat and exhaustion. 

We all chat with one another excitedly, recalling amusing parts of the concert, and mention a few rather creative fan signs we saw amongst the sea of girls. As we peel off our disgusting clothes, we slip into comfy ones. Our energy starts to die down by the moment as the adrenaline rush starts to wear down. 

I've never been so happy to be drowning in a pair of sweatpants and a big baggy sweatshirt. Slipping on a pair of sneakers and throwing on a hat, I grab my things, ready to get into the tour bus as soon as possible. I'm merely moments away from passing out right now.

"The crowds at the stage exits are pretty insane," One of our bodyguards announces as we all stand there with our things in our hands, waiting to take our leave from the venue.

As much as we really enjoy meeting the fans, I don't think it would be physically possible for me right now. We flew into Chicago early this morning, and I haven't slept since I left LA over 24 hours ago. 

"Wasn't there like an alleyway or something?" Niall asks, his voice sounding scratchy and tired as he leans against a wall, his eyes drooping asleep as well. The corners of my lips turn up as I stare at my mate, who looks so young when he's sleepy. He has such a little baby face.

Tyler nods, his face lighting up as he leads the way towards the back of the venue. We venture through back hallways and doorways until we reach an older-looking door that appears to not have been used in awhile.

"We'll go through the alley and you guys can pick us up on the road?" I suggest, stepping forward to take leadership for the group of my sleepy mates.

"Sounds good," Tyler pats me on the back and hurries back where we came from to get our tour bus and crew ready for us.

The five of us step through the doors, letting out a sigh of relief as we're met with a completely barren alleyway. It's dark, damp and completely abandoned, exactly what we need at this moment. Soft fall rain drips down from the gutters of the skyscrapers above us, cooling our sweaty bodies down even more. As it falls through the air, it turns to slush, not quite reaching snowflake form, but not quite rainfall either. A small shiver runs its course up my spine.

"Mates, I could do this all day, every day," Louis says, being his usual loud self, even though I can tell by the bags under his eyes that he's tired. 

We spread out in a line, all walking down the alleyway. I nod in agreement, throwing my duffle bag over my shoulder as I avoid stepping in puddles that are beginning to form into ice patches. 

"I plan on it," Niall nods, sounding incredibly determined and enthusiastic, as he always is when discussing the band and life in general. 

Niall's on this other level when it comes to life. He's so energetic and genuinely happy to be alive. He's the literal heart of this group, and I don't know where we would be without him. 

"You know what I plan on?" Zayn speaks up, shuffling along the alley like a zombie, "Sleeping until next year," He mumbles, sounding as if he had already started to do so as he was walking. You can barely see him from within his thick winter coat's fur hood.

The other lads chuckle, knowing very well how much Zayn loves his sleep. Whenever he has a free chance - which isn't all that often, truthfully - he's taking it to sneak in a nap or two. 

The alleyway curves, a sharp turn leading us into the direction of the busy road ahead. The honking of cars and the bustling busy Chicago streets greets us ahead. In the distance I see the tour bus at a stop light, nearly ready to pick us up. 

My eyes start to get heavier and heavier as my bunk gets closer and closer. When tour first starts, it's rather difficult sleeping in those cramped little areas, but on nights like these, it sounds like heaven. 

I let out a large yawn when suddenly, a loud honking noise blares from behind us, causing us all to jump a foot in the air. We all twist around to be greeted by bright headlights of a car that doesn't seem to have the intentions of slowing down in the slightest. And when it final does screech onto its brakes, an ice patch keeps it from stopping or even slowing down.

A startled scream leaves all of our mouths as we panic. I look around to the lads, seeing them rather frozen in place with fright. Acting on my toes, I reach over to grab them all, shoving them in the direction of the exterior of the nearby buildings. They stumble to the side, flattening themselves against the wet brick of the buildings.

My heart pounds loudly in my chest as I'm stuck in the middle of the street. 

"Liam!" Zayn shouts after me, gesturing for me to hurry over to his side. 

I take a large stride towards the lads when I step directly into an ice patch. Though the ice patch wasn't the reason I let out a deafening scream. It's the fact that the ice patch was much more slippery than I had thought, sending me crumpling to the ground.

I hear the horrified screams of the lads, all in unison, before everything goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an: jfkdfskla; i still can't believe i'm on book four in the 'inspirations' series. wowow. time sure does fly. but i'm so so so happy to be finally writing about baby liam <3 i adore him so so much fjdsla

i hope you guys will enjoy this story! i've had this idea planned for liam for a long time and i'm so happy to be finally publishing it all for you :)

leave your thoughts / opinions / etc. in the comments below, please and thank you!

love always,

perksofbeingaweirdo