Chapter Two: She Said Yes

~~~

~~~

Today is the day I will give the king of Azgeda his answer. Roan, my future husband. That's going to take some getting used to. For the first time since we crash landed on Earth, someone is giving me a solution without death. Marriage is all he requires of me, a child, to create life instead of destroying it. For what my people have done... It's far more than we deserve. I muse at the irony of the entire situation. The first born son of the murderer of my ex lover's former betrothed is offering a peaceful solution if I accept his hand in marriage. I snort to myself as I write a letter to Roan. I need to hurry if I'm going to give the letter to the messenger he will send for my answer. Once I'm done I seal it with an old fashioned wax seal.

I tuck the letter safely in my jacket pocket before attempting to hunt down Bellamy

I tuck the letter safely in my jacket pocket before attempting to hunt down Bellamy. As pissed at him and disgusted by his actions as I am, he was still my co-leader and best friend for a while. I search around Arkadia for a good thirty minutes, before I finally find him in one of the guard towers.

"Bellamy, there's something I need to tell you."

Bellamy scoffs and ignores me until I tell him how important it is that he listen to me. He swivels around in his chair with his arms crossed defensively and a cold look on his face. I sigh sadly, but force myself to continue. You'd think after three months I'd be used to his hatred of me.

"I'm forming an alliance with the king of Azgeda, he's willing to protect Skaikru. All I have to do is move to Azgeda."

Bellamy's expression darkens into anger as he springs out of his chair.

"What."

I huff out an annoyed breath. The man treats me like dirt and yet he's pissed that I'm going to leave for a life saving alliance.

"Bellamy, I'm getting married. I'm going to spend the rest of my life in Azgeda as Roan's wife and queen."

Bellamy jumps up out of his chair with a look of rage I have never seen before. It scares me a little and I instinctively step back.

"Like hell you are! What the fuck are you thinking Clarke! That's basically a fucking death sentence! Those savages-"

I immediately interrupt him as my own temper rises. How dare he call them savages after what he's done.