Chapter Five: New Day

~~~

~~~

I make my way to our makeshift hospital, essentially a metal cage with rooms, scratchy sheets, old blankets, tarps, medical supplies, and people with medical badges running around helping people. I go up to the receptionist/nurse standing behind a podium and inform her I need medical attention.

"Is it life threatening?"

I grunt out a no before she taps something on her tablet and slides it over to me.

"Answer all the questions, sign your name and write the date, then tap on the green check. Once you're done, I'll take the tablet back and have a nurse take you to a room to wait on a doctor to see you. We only have two certified doctors on staff right now because Dr. Clarke Griffin quit earlier this morning, so it may take longer than expected to get to you."

I scowl at just another thing Clarke fucked up. She's leaving us again. And when Clarke inevitably comes back because she always comes back, it'll be as a grounder queen, all wifed up, and probably pregnant with his demon spawn too. I'm so fucking disgusted and angry. She was supposed to be mine. The mother of my children. Yeah, I was pissed at her for leaving, but I never thought she'd find someone else. I didn't think there was anyone who could satisfy her except me. I was her only option. I didn't know that she was gonna be the fucking King of Azgeda's whore. The man kidnapped her for fuck's sake! I sit and answer medical questions while I fucking shake with rage. Fucking bitch.

"Gina? Have you seen my daughter? I've had to cover all her patients today and it's incredibly unprofessional."

Gina pales and opens her mouth to respond, but no words come out. Apparently no one told mommy dearest that her daughter was going to marry a savage. I smirk coldly as a plan forms in my mind.

"Didn't you hear? The princess is going to whore herself out to the King of Azgeda. I heard that he was going to propose and have her live with him."

Dr. Abby Griffin spins on her heel to face me. Her body tenses and her spine hardens with the same steel I've witnessed in Clarke. Huh.

"Tell me everything you know."

I smirk, yeah, Princess is fucked.

"You're gonna wanna sit down for this one Doc."