Chapter Three: Wrath Of The King

~~~

~~~

I march back through the gates after depositing my bride with Echo and my younger brother, Yuj. I look around for the so-called Chancellor of Skaikru in the poorly made camp Wanheda's people call home. My sharp eyes take in the fear and disdain of her people. They have no right to treat my people and the Coalition like dirt when they are covered in it. I understand their fear, they are right to fear us, but you should not slap the feral wolf who lays meat at your feet. I take a breath and try to think of the ones worth saving, the ones who have embraced the Coalition and the "grounder" ways. It makes me want to beat the shit out of these Kwelen minded kru.

(Weak minded people)

The only one that has tried other than my bride is Octavia Blake. That girl is so full of hate and passion, she would be a great warrior if she used more than her sword to think and speak for her. Her beloved is an idiot. That woman is a loose cannon and a headache. It seems I'm going to marry the only woman with any sense in this camp. As my thoughts circle back to the beautiful Skaikru princess I remember her tears and my heart fills with rage once again. I do not know her very well, but she has the strength of a Heda, she would not cry so easily. As her husband it is my job to protect her and whoever hurt her will taste the bite of my blade. No husband worth his weight in battle let's another bring his wife to tears, it is shameful for any warrior, especially the King of Azgeda. After a good thirty minutes of searching I finally find Pike. He looks up to find me stalking towards him with cold rage flashing in my eyes and my hand resting firmly on my sword. His guards stiffen, but wisely keep their weapons holstered.

"We must speak."

The chancellor straightens despite the fear flickering in his eyes, he postures in front of his people and responds in an obviously projected voice heard by many. His politics are really beginning to piss me off.

"Anything you wish to say to me, you may say in front of my people, Roan of Azgeda."

The smug little shit has the nerve to smile at me, believing I'll lose my nerve and cower before his posturing like a goufa.

(child)

I have been alive for thirty rotations. I am not a kit with no experience. I killed my first warrior by the time I was thirteen, I was a captain by sixteen, and a general of my mother's army by twenty-one. I call his bluff looking into his eyes, not as a man, not as a husband, but as the wolf of the north, a King.

"I demand the head of the Skaikru who hurt Wanheda. It is my right as her houmon."

( Sky people, Commander of Death, Spouse/Husband)

Pike simply raised an eyebrow cockily as if he believed to know her better and perhaps he has known her longer, but the fact remains that when I ordered her to stay, as her husband, she obeyed. If it had been anyone else I know there would have been strong words. She accepted me as her husband and everything that comes with that. She knew I knew, I didn't need a proclamation when her actions and her eyes spoke for her.