Chapter Four: Damage Control

~~~

~~~

I glare menacingly at my husband-to-be. He's a goddamn idiot. If he'd stop trying to one up every male that gives him lip that'd be fantastic. Seriously, why is my taste in men so shitty? What do these two knuckle heads not understand about respecting the sacrifice I'm making?

"Bellamy, go to medical and for the love of all that is holy stop trying to piss off the King of Azgeda."

I spin around, once I'm satisfied that Bellamy is following my orders, to face Roan.

"Ai na deal kom Yu later."

(I will deal with you later.)

I attempt to tug my husband to the side, but Roan is having none of that. He stubbornly sticks right beside me, I can almost feel him breathe with how close he is to me, while I deal with Pike.

"Have you lost your mind! This is not how allies treat each other! As unimpressive as your morals are, I would've thought you'd at least protect your second who you treat like the son you never had."

Chancellor Pike glares at me and starts forward as if to intimidate me with his much larger frame before he stops suddenly. Pike takes one look at the no doubt pissed off Azgedan King by my side before changing tactics. The man hides his fear and anger by putting on his swarmy political mask.

"I understand you're angry Clarke, but I was only complying with your... Husband's wishes. After all, you're sacrificing so much I'd hate to be the one to, shall we say, make things difficult."

After speaking his peace and making his image once again favorable to the public, the Skai Heda retreats to his office with his guards once again surrounding him.

I turn to Roan with my face twisted in a furious expression before ordering him in Trigedasleng to take me to his tent. Being the intelligent man he is, my beloved keeps silent and leads me back to where his people are camping, just outside the gates of Arkadia. Roan leads me to a luxurious yet practical tent.