Getting Ready For It...

Chapter 1
********************************************************

   Scott's POV

        The wind made the flowers in our garden dance, birds were singing a lovely tune, the sun was shining over our kingdom. A perfect day. "Master Xornoth, Scott. Your parents are calling you." said a servant from the grand door that led to the garden. "Oh ok," Xornoth said, "Brother, come on, Mother and Father are across the palace, if we don't get there in time we might get in trouble." We both got up from the ground, we were watching the flowers. We were planning to make flower crowns.

        "Hurry up!" Xornoth said before bolting out the garden and disappearing through the door where the servant stood. "Hey! Wait up!" I yelled before running into the palace.

********************************************************
    Time Skip
********************************************************

        I ran and ran. I was able to catch up with my brother, I ran beside him. I was running with everything I could, you see he just challenged me to a race so that's why we are running. That's when we saw our parents at the end of the hallway where the ballroom was. I was ahead of Xornoth but he started to catch up. Xornoth was now beside me but something we would have never expected we both trip and slip right in front of our parents. Mother was just staring at both of us and father had his hand on his face which it just says "Why did I agree to have disappoints"

        Xornoth and I quickly got up and stood without saying anything. "Ok I guess you both are here, Where's your sister?" Mother asked. "We both don't know, me and Scott were at the garden. All of us turn to see Lauren walking down the hall. Lauren bowed down to her parents. "I apologize for being late mother, father..." " It's fine, just be here earlier." father said with a bit of an annoyed tone which is quite normal. "So, There is a reason why your father and I called you. Your father and I are hosting a ball here next week! Multiple kingdoms will be here!" Mother sounded very excited while saying this.

        "Let me guess, there gonna be kids our age so you want us to make friends?" Lauren said, not even surprised she said that with no expression. Xornoth and I just kept looking at each other. "Well, of course, don't tell me you want to be alone forever," mother continued to talk but I was not paying attention to what she was saying.

********************************************************
Time Skip
********************************************************

         Me and Xornoth we're out in the garden. "Guys it's getting dark you should come inside..." Lauren said from the door while watching us. "Sis, come on it's not that dark," Xornoth said kinda annoyed "well, I guess you want to be punished by father...'' When I heard that I quickly got up and ran inside, Xornoth soon followed. Xornoth and I have shared a room since we were twins.

********************************************************
Time Skip
********************************************************

       "What time is it, Xor?" "9:27 pm right now," Xornoth replied. "We should be asleep right now..." I said, "well I'm not going to sleep yet," Xor mentioned. "Why not?" "Well I have not told you this but for the past 2 weeks I have been leaving the palace at night..." "WHA-" Xornoth quickly put his hand over my mouth. "Come on, I will show you..." he grabbed my hand and started to walk to our door that led to our balcony. He opened it and went outside, still holding on to my hand. It was freezing outside. He continued to walk to the right of our balcony. There was a box right next to the railing. He let go of my hand so he could get on the box, he climbed onto the railings. I followed behind. He walked onto the edge and was hugging the wall. We were so far off the ground. I was scared he was going to fall off.

        "Come on!..." Xornoth said. I got on the railing and got on to the edge. I hugged the wall just like Xor Xor did. "Be careful," I continued to walk to where Xornoth was. There were more boxes which meant more climbing. It was very dark so it was hard to see where to step. After a while, we were at the top of the palace. It was a beautiful view to see. We both sat at the flat area on the roof. The moon was beautiful. I looked around to see our kingdom. It was amazing.

********************************************************
   Time Skip
********************************************************

        I don't know how long it has been but it was sunrise. Xornoth and I fell asleep on the roof. Xornoth looked peaceful and this is probably the first time he had slept in a while. I slowly picked him up and headed back to our balcony. After a while, I got back to the balcony. I put my brother on the bed and left...

Words:818