RUN

Chapter 3

********************************************************

       I saw someone with a bow on top of a building. They were loading an arrow and saw them aiming towards Xornoth. I quickly ran and pushed him on the floor, barely the arrow missing him. The assassin stopped aiming for Xornoth and me but started to send arrows to the guard. The arrow struck the guard at his neck and he fell to the ground. His helmet was not on because he was talking to Lauren but that was when Lauren quickly picked both of us up and started to run down to the forest at the bottom of the mountain that our kingdom sat on. The assassin started to run after us while trying to shoot us. When we got to the bottom one of the arrows struck Lauren at her right leg.

       "LAUREN" we all fell to the floor. I and Xornoth quickly got up. "LAUREN! HURRY UP AND GET UP!" Xornoth said. I was not gonna wait until she got up. I grab her arm and wrap it around my neck. I started to get her to stand up. "COME ON WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE" I yelled. Xornoth started to help me carry her. We ran to the forest. We walked up to a tree and climbed it. We watched the person that attempted to kill us stand below the tree that we were on. They were looking around. It was terrifying to be hiding like this on a tree trying our best to not make any noise. That's when the person sat down below us.

********************************************************
Time skip
********************************************************

        A few hours passed and we were still on the tree. The person still had not left but it looks like they were asleep. Xornoth and I decided we had to take this chance to leave. I slowly got down from the tree. As soon as we were out we all quickly ran back to Rivendale. When we got back it was already sunset. Everyone saw us and I'm probably guessing they know what happened. That's when 5 guards quickly got us back to the palace. Lauren and I were taken to a nurse to get patched up. I'm glad Xornoth did not get hurt but was a bit worried for Lauren.

********************************************************
Time Skip
********************************************************

        Xornoth and I sat down on our beds. We had not spoken since the incident. The door opened, it was Lauren walking into the room with father right behind her. He seems very irritated. Lauren came and sat right on my bed. Xor came and sat down next to me. "OK, WHO LET YOU GO OUT TO TOWN!" Father yelled, "I-I did not get any permission to go, I just went..." Lauren said I could tell she was close to tears.

********************************************************

   Xornoth's POV

       Father just stared at Lauren, "Lauren, listen there is a reason why I don't let you guys go to town and that's why. After the ball Lauren you're getting locked up in your room.... for a few days." "Wha-What..." Lauren shuddered "NO, YOU CAN'T DO THAT," I yelled at my father. "SHE IS YOUR DAUGHTER, YOU CAN NOT TREAT HER LIKE THAT! SHE IS YOUR CHILD! SH-" I felt a hand hit me, he had hit me. "Shut up, Xornoth. You are not the one who makes the decisions here." Father told me "Father, please do not drag Xor into this..." Lauren said tears rolling down her cheeks and onto the floor.

        "Lauren! You are letting him walk all over you! I'm sorry but if our "dad" won't treat their children with respect, I don't think I can consider them as one of my parents!" "Xornoth do not speak to your father like this." " Just to let you know you are not my father..." "Xornoth, you should be more like your younger brother. At least he knows how to keep his mouth shut..." Scott was just looking down at the floor. Not even daring to speak up. I saw a tear roll down his face. I could tell he did not like father's comment. "Hey! Scott did nothing to be brought up in this argument." "And that's why he is being brought up in this argument. Sure he will never have the voice to yell for help if he ever gets in trouble but at least he is not irritating,"

        "You know what, just get out of the room. I don't think I can look at your face anymore..." "Will do..." the king said before leaving. I dropped to the floor. Am I really that annoying? Should I be more like my little brother? Was I doing the right thing? Standing up for my siblings... Of course, you did, don't let "dad" get into your head. Next thing I knew I had tears rushing down my face. I covered my mouth. Is the problem m-me...? I felt arms around me. "Th-Thank you for standing up for me" I heard Scott whisper in my ear.

         "But am I really too quiet..." "no... You are already perfect the way you are..."

********************************************************

A/n: angst. We love angst here. damn, this is an angsty chapter. I'm trying my best to post 1 chapter every day but ya that pretty much the chapter I might be able to get another chapter out today, idk but there is a chance.

Words: 895