The Ball pt2

Chapter 5

********************************************************

        "Hello?"

         That had surprised me, and ended up hitting whoever was behind me. "Owww, WHY YOU DO THAT!" the kid yelled at me. They had slime dripping all over them. I did not reply but instead just stared at him giving him eyes that just said "You scared me? What did you want me to do?" I just ignored him and got back to looking at flowers. He was still there but for some weird explanation, he stayed and watched what I was doing. I picked up 5 poppies and 5 cornflowers. The random boy did the same.

          I tied the flowers together in a pattern. A poppy, then a cornflower. I repeated the pattern over and over until I finish tieing all the flowers I picked. The boy did the same, creating a flower crown that matched mine. I removed my crown and replaced it with the flower crown on my head.

          I started to get nervous. This random boy was just watching my every move. "Why won't you talk?" I kept my mouth shut. "Can you at least tell me your name? The boy asked. "M-My name is Scott, there I told you." The boy seemed very happy. "Well, nice to meet you Scott. My name is Jimmy from the swamp empire!"

          I heard someone walking. I turn around to see Xornoth. "You know he won't talk. He doesn't like to." "but whyyyyyyy" "He was taught to never speak." Xornoth said in a bit of a sad tone. "Why would someone teach him to not talk, that's just wrong. We have a mouth for a reason." "I know but back then we would be punished if we got annoying. Punishments really did nothing to me but I can't say the same for Scott."

           "Oh..." Jimmy said. I realized that Jimmy had not put on his flower crown. While Xornoth and Jimmy were talking I quickly took Jimmy's crown off and put the flower crown on his head.

          "Aww, I think he enjoys your company," Xornoth said to Jimmy.

********************************************************
Time Skip
********************************************************

           It was true, I was enjoying his company. Most times the only company I would get would be Xornoth and Lauren. "H-hey, do you want to come with me? I want to show you something cool." I said. "Yep!" We both got up and went to the door that led into the palace. We quickly got inside and ran to my room with Jimmy close behind. We ran into my room and headed to the balcony. "Follow my lead and be very careful..." I told him. I started to get onto the box then to the railing and onto the edge. Jimmy follows behind.

           We were soon at the spot where I and Xor were a few nights ago. "This is beautiful..." Jimmy said in amazement. "Xornoth found this a while ago. It's beautiful at night too..."

********************************************************
Time Skip
********************************************************

           A few hours passed and we were still up there. I look down and I see all the kings and queens down there. Even the kids. I soon realized that they were going to leave. "Jimmy... It's time for you to go..." I said quite disappointedly, I wished that he could have stayed longer. "W-What!..." We both quickly started to climb down back to the balcony. When we got there we started to walk to the entrance of the palace. "JIMMY!" we heard a voice yell. We both look up to see the Queen of the swamp empire running to hug his son and right behind was my father who seemed to be very angry.

             "I thought I lost you..." the Queen said. "You did not have to worry, I was just talking with Scott!" Jimmy said. "Scott? What that's impossible. Scott barely talks at all. He will barely speak to me. There is no way he would speak to someone he does not know." father said in denial. "Well, Xornoth did tell me he does not speak much but he did speak to me..."

            "I guess Scott made a friend...." mother said with a smile. I did not realize she was here. I just nodded in agreement and smiled.

But I'm so grounded... by father...crap...

Words: 705