synopsis.

proper thievesa spider-man fic

proper thieves
a spider-man fic.

proper thievesa spider-man fic

TOMMY HARTLEY WAS POOR.

Maybe not the type of poor that brought pity from just one look at him across the street, or the type of poor that people gave him dirty looks for, but still it pained just the same. Tommy Hartley didn't have the type of opportunities that the rest of the students at Midtown Science had, no matter how much of a meticulous genius he naturally was. Because the truth was, even if he was third in his class at one of New York's most notorious high schools.

Appearances mattered.

See that was the one concept Tommy had never quite gotten to grasping. So, naturally his brother did everything possible for the ulterior to happen. Whenever Tommy wanted a new pair of shoes, he'd gotten it. Whenever he needed a new set of fancy pens, he'd have it. Whenever he'd lift a hand in hopes of something being in his refrigerator, it ended up on his kitchen table the next morning. Alibaster Hartley made sure to acquire his brother with whatever needs he could possibly have, but as he grew older he learned that he wouldn't be able to hold their family burden for so long. Truth was, the long line of Hartley's were thieves—proper ones at that—but a lineage of criminals nonetheless. As Tommy finally ages into accepting his family's legacy, changes start to happen to his best, and only friend. And as Peter's morality grows, Tommy's view of it begins to dim. Disagreements between the two had never seemed to matter before; but the weight of their new found words after a sloppy mistake made by the latter seems to bring distrust to the already reckless friendship.

The two teens had always seemed to find comfort in each other, but as their opinions grow more different. Tensions rise, and not exactly... in the way Tommy was hoping.

THOMAS "TOMMY" HARTLEY ━━━━━ ATJ

❛ Peter Parker is spiderman, now that'ssomething you don't see everyday

something you don't see everyday. ❜

&&
seth rogen ━━━━━ al hartley
odeya rush ━━━━━ lissa hartley
logan lerman ━━━━━ rudy hartley
andrew garfield ━━━━━ peter parker
emma stone ━━━━━ gwen stacy

trigger warnings! ━━━━━ violence, gore, familial trauma, ptsd, grief, death, anything else that might appear in "the amazing spider-man" series.

dedications! ━━━━━ bbyzules joelmiIIer IovekiIIers -goin-to-hell poseyfilms lilaylow ripeapples tayIors sourfangz

chums corner! ━━━━━ so i've always been a tasm spidey simp. like seriously i dont understand why people hate on andrews movies so bad lmao. like maybe he didn't have the best villains but the nostalgia factor will always hit for me watching his movies since they were the ones i more grew up on. anyway tommy is sort of like felicia hardy in a way, since they're both "cat burglars" but story wise im pretty sure that's where the similarities end. anyway i hope i can get attention on this book bc that's what motivates me to write. thank youuuu.