x. cat & spider

chapter ten

chapter ten.
cat and spider

          Tommy had never felt more powerful

          A hidden identity. Being able to hide behind a mask was like a shield from everything bad in the world. The money he'd swept during the night weighed heavy at his side. He'd picked up his hits from multiple thieves that crowded the streets of Queens. And although he'd tried to blow it all off by an act of morality. He couldn't deny how good it felt to beat the living hell out of people that looked like the person that had took someone from him. Even if it was nothing but a momentary fix.

"Vicki no! This guy is crazy!" A woman's voice called out from the nearest alley. Tommy's smirk fell as he regained his focus. Duty called. He pushed off into the dark, narrow alley, slipping past people wandering the street as he kept himself from gaining attention. But abruptly he found himself stopping as he ran forward and peeled back the you get boy pummeling into the thief in front of him. His eyes flickered across—Peter's—face. He stopped for a second, in shock. "What the fuck."

Peter peeled back just in time to pull Tommy's hand back, bending his wrist to set himself free. Tommy cursed as Peter rolled out from underneath him. The sound of doors opening behind the teens caught both of their attention. Tommy positioned himself to fight as they tumbled out, starting Peter's way. He felt weak as he debated what to do. Peter didn't know him like this, and he didn't want him too. He just needed to do what he came for. And he was making that so difficult.

"Out of the way!" The thief's friends screamed as they ran forward, knocking Tommy out of the way. He cursed under his breath as Peter kicked himself up and around them. His eyes regained focus as he saw the thief he was after start running towards the top. Tommy held his breath as he latched onto the fire escape, using all of his strength to launch himself onto the row of roofs they fought upon. He quickly regained his balance as he looked back around. Trying to find Peter.

          "Incoming!" Peter yelled as he kicked a random guy back into Tommy's already disproportionate stature. He tumbled for a second before using his strength to lift him off the ground. He grunted as he felt the guy reach for his gun. Tommy held him down with one hand as he slipped his opposite one out, slicing towards the man's chest. He gasped for air as Tommy kicked himself off towards the main fight. Men surrounded Peter in circles, but his focus was on the thief he'd first started the fight with. Tommy cursed under his breath. It would be easy to do the job he'd come to do and then slip out underneath their noses, but he couldn't leave Peter to tend to a group of men like them.