Chapter six. ((edited))

She went in her room to find something to play with. Irene noticed Seulgi had a tiny bear toy.

But suddenly Seulgi came in. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, nothing."

Irene hid the bear behind her and Seulgi grew suspicious. "What's that behind your back?" She said pointing. She was trying to look at it but Irene was moving as Seulgi moved. She then found out Irene was holding her bear toy and she grabbed it.

She and Seulgi fought over it and it ripped into two. Seulgi held the leg part of the ripped bear. Her eyes then became watery.

Then she made fun of Seulgi for crying over a tiny toy.

"What now, such a crybaby. That's just a toy. What's the fuss?" Irene laughed at Seulgi who crouched on the floor, hugging her knees, crying.

She softly kicked her on her legs. "Hey, it's just a toy. Get over it. You're a grown up."

But Seulgi looked up to her, she didn't mind what she looked like. Her eyes were so red and puffy, she was sniffing and had trouble breathing.

"For you, it's just a toy. For me, it has a sentimental value." Seulgi was taught patience. She didn't want to snap at Irene, so she cried instead. To release her frustration. She was angry, sad, disappointed and frustrated. She wanted to scream and break things, but she tried to hold back. She tried to hold back all that anger she developed towards Irene throughout her stay there.

"You don't know how that hurts when you ripped that toy. It's like you ripped my heart as well. It's all fun and games until you chose to cross the line. What did I do to deserve that?" She pounded on her chest. Irene crossed too many boundaries but Seulgi turned a blind eye because she didn't want Irene to hate her more and cause hatred to blossom between them.

Something felt like a stabbing pain in Irene's heart. She felt guilty. She wanted to hug and say sorry but her pride was stopping her. Her body was frozen in its state.

"I look foolish to you for crying at a several-year-old toy. That toy meant the whole world to me." That toy was from her late friend which she loved so much and missed dearly.

Seulgi still bursted crying. Irene badly wanted to hug her.

"Look, we're not even married yet! I could just cut this stupid deal off and leave this house in an instant if you hated me that much. You didn't have to go that far. That's really low of you, Irene." She said, emphasizing her name. She didn't care about calling her Miss Irene anymore, she didn't deserve that anyways.

"I endured you throwing my clothes in the pool, you discarded my acrylic paint down the kitchen sink, cutting my hair for having glue in my shampoo, having my vagina burn like hell, having to remove superglue on my skin that bleed and it left a scar, replacing my new milk a spoilt one. That's abuse. But I'm really being stupid for being too nice to you."

She ran out the room and went to hers. Panting, and with mixed emotions. She really did hurt the bear's feelings this time. She cried in her room. She didn't know what to do.

~~

It was the day Irene's parents coming home.

Seulgi packed in her room. She sighed as she took one last glance of the storage room. She made memories in it. Although most of the memories she made were sad and horrible, she still had good ones. She decorated it with aesthetic things and now that she's leaving, she'll leave it there.

Seulgi became even skinnier. There were times she didn't eat because she lost appetite whenever Irene's in the kitchen. She didn't hate her but she was angry at how Irene treated her. But the maidservants sneak in food for her.

The maidservants she became friends with, teared up. They made fond memories with Seulgi. Seulgi treated them like sisters because she had none.

It was the perfect timing Mama and Papa Bae came home, to have found Seulgi all dressed up, with her luggage and her eyes were red and puffy.

"Where are you going, Seulgi?" Seulgi smiled at her sweetly. She wiped her tears away and Mama Bae showed concern in her face. She came to Seulgi to wipe her tears off.

"I'm going back to where I actually belong, Mrs. Bae." And with heavy heart, Seulgi bowed to her and was about to leave.

Irene was upstairs, secretly looking at Seulgi and her mother. She wanted to stop Seulgi but her mother was there, so she hid instead.

Mrs. Bae tried to stop her from going.

"It's okay, Mrs. Bae. I was happy throughout my stay here. I really appreciated all your help but I guess we no longer need the help. So, let's call off the wedding."