Chapter 2: You Can Be Better

Sorry for being gone for so long, lost motivation to write but I is back and am gonna try and upload more since it is Christmas break
Might even do a short Christmas special hehe
Anyway on to the story

It's been a few days since xue yang started training again, he doesn't know why he's doing it, he can already fight
Nie mingjue told him it's something about learning control or some bullshit like that.

He could feel the strength in his body returning but... Fuck he didn't like this.
He was training by himself with nie mingjue nitpicking his every move. He keeps saying how xue yang needs to control his temper. Big words coming from someone with so little control over his temper.

"start again" nie mingjue barked at him

And xue yang snapped, throwing the wooden sword to the ground like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum "I've done it like 50 times already!" he yelled.

He needs to break something, he turned around and in won't swift kick he knocked the head clean off the training dumby. He let out a shaky breath before running off, ignoring the yells from the sect leader.

Yes it was fucking stupid of him, he was still a prisoner... A highly dangerous one at that. But he needs to get away, just for a little while.

Sadly for him life had different plans. He ended up running straight into one of the guard, he let out a curse words and turned to try and run but they had already pulled him back "look I'm not trying to cause trouble" he raised his hands to show he wasn't holding anything. He wasn't stupid enough to cause trouble with no plan, that was suicide!

The guards just looked at each other then laughed "you're xue yang, trouble is your middle name" one of them spat at him.

It took only a few more insults till xue yang snapped and put the two in their place aka knocking the two out cold and leaving them there.

He chuckled feeling a little better after having a fight
But then karma hit him in the face, karma being nie mingjues sword. He groaned as he got knocked to the floor.

"what the fuck was that for?!" he yelled, holding his head where the handle of the sect leaders sword hit him.

"you just knocked out two guards after running away from me!" nie mingjue growled, slamming his sword down near the others head.

Xue yang did not flinch though, just started up at the giant of a man, a pissed off look on his face.

"you have no idea what happened! They approached me" he sneerled up at him, leaning back on his hands to push his body up slightly.

"I don't care if you think I was in the right or the wrong, at the end of the day it's non of your fucking business! You don't care if they were mean to me first. You only care about the fact I lashed out"

"you still did bad, if doesn't matter if they pissed you off xue yang! You lashed out, you should have walked away"

"nie mingjue! It's not going to take a few fucking days for me to be a good person and you need to get that! If I wanted to I could have killed them and you by now" he growled, rolling backwards to get away from nie mingjue.

Nie mingjue didn't let him get away those, grabbing his collar and pulling him towards him, faces so close together

"you think you could kill me? You think you will get far? Do you really want to keep living your life this way" he spat in his face.

Xue yang just kept quiet, thinking about what he was saying.... He's got a point

"if you keep using that excuse you will never be good, never see improvement, just try okay" he sighed, letting go of xue yangs collar.

Xue yang just looked at him shocked... Did nie mingjue actually care for him...

He doesn't know what is happening but suddenly he feels a hand on his face "sorry about hitting you xue yang... That wasn't a good example to set" nie mingjue apologies and now he was even more confused.

He didn't apologise for accidentally cutting his face, he didn't apologise for all the name calling.... So what's so different now

Xue yang didn't realise it but he was being dragged somewhere. By the time he did realise it he was already sat on a chair with nie mingjue examining him.

He flinched at the closeness, looking the sect leader up and down "why are you so close" he looked at him funny, finally snapping back to himself and leaning away.

Nie mingjue pulled him back "stay still idiot.." he grumbled as he started cleaning the others face.
Hes never seen mingjue be this gentle before... Or ever had anyone be this gentle with him... Its.. Weird, he feels warm inside and his heart hurt, is that normal.

He got pulled away from his thoughts when he felt a sting on his cheek.
Hissing and slapping nie mingjue away "asshole" he growled

He just rolled his eyes, pulling him closer again "I said stay till, I'm almost done"

So he begrudgingly stayed still, swinging his legs and looking away from the man.... Jeez can he hurry up.

A few minutes pass and he finally backs away "there done, now I'll escort you back to your room, then in a few hours I'll come with some dinner for you" nie mingjue offered him his hand.

Xue yang looked at him nervously before taking his hand and letting the other take him back to his room...
There it is again, that feeling in his chest, why does it hurt so much, what is this feeling....

Too many questions but not enough answers... Could he finally open up to someone? Maybe he could this time..

OKAY that is the end of chapter two, thank you for reading!
I'll try and write part 3 night
Warning there will be nsfw content at the end but I'll make sure to put a warning before it starts so anyone who wants to skip can :)