A Saturalia Gathering (Pt: 2)

Erlirria and Inigo proceeded outside to the porch, seeing Ae'ta, Blaise and Rafni rolling up snow to build a snow-cat.
Erlirria sat down on a chair positioned facing the snow yard, a table and another chair on her left.
"You can sit down, Inigo." She said.

The blue Khajiit took the seat beside her and the two watched as their children continued to play.
"Little Rafni... what's her story, Inigo?" Erlirria asked.
Inigo glanced towards her briefly before turning back to the sight before them.

"I met up with Ahkari outside of Riften to trade some wares, that's when I found her travelling with them."
"Oh?"
"Apparently they'd just returned from Elsweyr, and found her and her parents being attacked by bandits. Sadly, they were only able to save her."

Erlirria felt pity in her heart.
"That explains her shyness, it must've been horrible to lose her parents like that."
"I know, my friend. Though I suppose we are no strangers to death, yes?"

"True, true. What moved you to adopt her?"
Inigo looked back at Rafni where she was sculpting ears into the snow-cat's head.
"I think it was the idea that I could be a bright light in a world that seemed so dark to her. That- maybe I could help her see the world is not so scary."

Erlirria smiled.
"I've always admired your compassion, Inigo. If your title wasn't "the Brave" it would be "the Caring."
The blue cat smiled, chuckling.

"I appreciate the compliment, my friend. Though, Inigo the Caring doesn't have as nice a ring to it."
The two laughed.

They turned back to the children, who now seemed to be engaged in building walls out of snow.
"What on Nirn are they doing?" A new voice asked.

Erlirria turned around, seeing Lucien stood in the doorway.
"Ah! Lucien! Come sit down with us." Erlirria said.
The Imperial took a chair from another table, dragging it up beside Inigo.

"I think they're preparing for a snowball fight." Inigo said.
Lucien leaned over. "Do you want to take bets?"
"I will not have you betting on my children, Lucien!" Erlirria chided playfully.

The three laughed.
She turned to the Imperial man again.
"Did you check on Miraak?"

"Yes, he was in the kitchen with Kharjo and Lydia, checking on the cooking. He said he'd meet us out here in a jiffy." Lucien stated.
Erlirria looked up, seeing something spark in the sky, then an object beginning to fall to earth.

She leapt out of her seat, almost giving the two heart attacks in the process.
The Khajiit leapt into the air, snatching the object from the sky, and landing with cat-like grave.
"It's an arrow!" She shouted, walking back over.

"Oooh, look at the craftsmanship, that's very well-made." Lucien commented.
Erlirria rolled her eyes as she noticed a note enclosed within the shaft.
Taking it out, she unfolded it.

"Hi Ria and company, we're on our way, sorry we'll be a little bit late, the horses were snowed in this morning. Nothing we could do. Khayla and Serana." Erlirria read.
"Khayla's really been stepping it up with her trick arrows, isn't she?" Lucien said.
"But- if Serana conjured the arrow here, how could she not just teleport them both?" Inigo asked.

Erlirria pointed up to the sky.
"Did you not see the spark before it appeared?" She said.
Both of them shook their heads.

"Miraak enchanted the entire compound with a magic forcefield, stopping anyone from teleporting or entering without permission. It's a safety precaution, for us and the kids." Erlirria said.
"And a good one, I would say." A another new voice stated.

They turned to see the ex-dragon priest stood in the doorway, a book in his hand.
"Greetings Inigo, Lucien. Long time, no see."
"Hello, Miraak! How are you?" Inigo asked.
"Hiiii!" Lucien stated.

Miraak nodded. "I am well. Though I would be better had I not been disturbed from my reading." He turned to Erlirria.
The Khajiit merely shook her head with a sigh.
"It's Saturalia, Miraak. Wouldn't you rather spend it with you family than the library?" She asked, walking over to him.

The man pondered for a moment before clipping the book to a holder on his belt.
Taking Erlirria in his arms, he rested his head on hers.
"I suppose so..." he said.

"Aww." Inigo said.
Erlirria smiled as he pulled away, then looked up towards his mask.
"Are you going to take that off before dinner?" She asked.

"How else would I eat?" He said snarkily. Erlirria grinned and drew the mask off his face, letting it be revealed.
Miraak was rather well-kept despite seemingly always wearing a mask.

He sported short black-and grey hair that had been combed back until it became a wave.
With a sharp pair of eyebrows, piercing green eyes and a face of stubble.
He also had a criss-cross scar that sliced his right brow and cut across his eye.

"Much better." Erlirria said.
Miraak smiled, then kissed her gently on the forehead.
"Dad! Think fast!" Blaise shouted.

Miraak turned just as a snowball came hurtling his way.
With a flick of his wrist, he stopped it mid-air with telekinesis.
"Cheap." He said, throwing the snowball straight back at the boy.

It hit him in the chest, sending him to stagger.
Erlirria laughed, "Look at you, playing with the kids."
He turned to her. "Your move, Dovahkiin."

Erlirria smiled and held out her hand.
"Fo...Krah-Diin." She whispered into her palm.
A sphere of icy energy from the Frost Breath Shout flowed from her throat, weaving itself into a snowball.

She held out her arm, eyes straight at the snowball.
"Fus...Ro-Dah!" The snowball went flying with the power of Unrelenting Force.
It hit Blaise again, sending him laughing to the floor.

Ae'ta ran over.
"Mama! Papa! Are you coming to play with us?"
Erlirria and Miraak glanced at each other.
"Together?" She asked. Miraak took her hand. "Together."

"Uncle Inigo! Uncle Lucien! Will you come play with us as well?" She asked.
The two turned to the Dragonborn couple.
"You may want to, even our own children cannot defeat us." Miraak stated.

Inigo got up, cracking his knuckles.
"I suppose so, I could use the practice, anyway." Everyone turned to Lucien.
"Alriiiight." He announced. "But only because it would be boring sat here alone."

Erlirria nodded.
"Who's picking teams?"