Defending Miraak From The Skaal

As the two walked up to the Skaal villagers, they were greeted by the rest of Erlirria's travelling friends.
"Erlirria! You made it back!" Lucien approached at a run before stopping when he saw who she was helping to stand.
"Hold on- isn't that?" Inigo began as he ran up beside them.

"Ria- why in Oblivion is he still alive?" Khayla asked, her emerald eyes narrowed and glowing like venom.
The crimson khajiit gave her a narrowed gaze in return.
"I won't kill the other other Dragonborn, especially not one who's been trapped with the slowest talker ever for thousands of years."

The khajiit simply began to walk past her friends, going up to Frea, where she sat still mourning Storn, her father.
"Frea."
"Dragonborn, have you returned with news of Miraak's defeat?" Frea asked, though not turning around to face her.

The khajiit turned to the injured man she helped to stand.
"In a fashion." He said.
Frea whipped around at the first utterance Miraak spoke.

"You betray my people by allowing that man to live after what he has done! You betray the Skaal! You betray Storn!"
Erlirria's eyes faded silver as her khajiit hiss drew the breath of a werewolf in a snarl.
"Do not speak to me of betrayal, Frea. I have spat in Daedric eyes before, and I will do it again."

Frea looked at her in disbelief for a moment before her expression hardened.
"You insult me by bringing him back here. My father sacrificed himself so you could destroy him."
"No, your father sacrificed himself so I could get to him to save him from Hermaeus Mora." Erlirria shot back.

"Hold on, what?" Khayla said, stepping up.
"Hermaeus Mora kept me captive in Apocrypha for thousands of years. Your sister did me the service of freeing me." Miraak spoke up.
Erlirria looked at him in confusion, as if wondering 'why are you defending me?'

Khayla looked at the ex-priest, then to her sister.
"You saved him like you saved me." She said.
Erlirria nodded simply.

Khayla grabbed a fistful of Miraak's torn robes, dragging his fave to meet hers.
"Then why did you mind-control me?" She snarled.
"He hoped what you were being forced to build would allow him to escape." Erlirria said.

Khayla's eyes seemed to soften, and she let go of Miraak.
She stood between her sister and Frea.
"Have your healers treat this man." Khayla uttered.

"If you think for a moment that I would even consider-"
Khayla flicked a dagger out of its holster on her belt and held it millimetres from Frea's throat.
"He. Is. Injured." Khayla hissed.

Frea stared into the depths of Khayla's eyes for a moment before nodding slowly.
"I will heal him." She confirmed, walking away to go gather some materials.
Khayla slid the knife away, turning to her sister.

"Why'd you help me? I thought you hated Miraak?"
"You gave me a second chance, right? He should be afforded the same."