chapter one , the fall

the people living near the 'battlefield' could hear faint yells not too far from their houses as some parents struggled keeping their childs go to bed

many people were risking there lives into fighting with the demon king, muzan kibutsuji. all of his remaining uppermoons were already killed by the hashiras and slayers.

he was getting frustated upon realizing how weak his uppermoons truly were againt the slayers. even the strongest uppermoon one was killed. but that didn't matter anymore, he just needs to kill all the slayers or hashiras that tries to attack him while thinking of a way to escape.

after all, even if he did failed, he'll always be one step ahead by coming up for a backup plan at the last minute.

first pov.

our attacks are all useless if he could just regenerate all of his limbs back quickly. i'll need to find a way to inject this 'poison' into him without getting caught.

i was currently patching up kanao and inosuke since they were both injured after fighting uppermoon two, douma. even if it was risky, they eventually managed to defeat him in the end with the help of shinobu.

during the fight, i kept getting flashbacks of my dear sister, kanae who got killed by him when shinobu sacrificed herself and let the demon absorb her body into him. i felt myself getting angry at the time, but had to calm myself down after noting that she still had to defeat the uppermoon.

"the lord inosuke doesn't need to get patched up, [w/n]!" deadpanning at his statement, i decided to ignore him and continue to wrap the bandages around his injuries.

i look to where kanao sat and saw that she was holding both of our sisters butterfly hairclip, hugging it both close to her with some tears in the corner of her eyes seemingly wanting to cry again. i felt extremely bad for her since she used the final flower breathing form on the uppermoon, sacrificing half of her vision.

when i finished with inosuke he immeditely ran to where the others were fighting shouting nonsense again. once i made sure he was going to be fine, i then made my way to my little sister before hugging her saying that they're both at a better place now, she stayed quiet, only hugging me back. i patted her back saying it was okay since i'm still here with her.

i had no one when i was little since both of my parents were dead while both kanae and shinobu were working for the demon slayers. one day, when the two of my sisters came back from a mission, i was surprised when they brought back a girl younger than me.

the poor girl wouldn't even eat if she was starving, she couldn't make any decisions too and only followed when we ordered her to.