57

((( THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE SCENES NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES. PLEASE BEWARE. )))

A beautiful autumn day in B city.  The air is brisk and clear.

In a bright sunny morning, Jian Yao stands in front of the coffee table. She is tidying the files.  Bo Jinyan is sitting on the sofa behind her.  He has his laptop on.  He seems to be concentrating on reading something. 

“Once the holiday starts, we have no more visitors.” Jian Yao says casually.

She is talking about the officers visiting them with their cold cases.  Yesterday, two people came.  Today is the beginning of the seven day holiday.  Not a soul has come to them.  

Bo Jinyan lifts up his head from looking down at the screen: “Well, it is the National holidays.”

Jian Yao laughs.  Is this the same guy that she knew six months ago?  She thought festivals and holidays mean nothing to him.  She had to drag him out of the house to play fireworks with her.

Bo Jinyan knows what she is thinking about.  He gives a sly smile.  “I don’t really care.  But today is an important day for me.”

Jian Yao is not sure what he means.  But he lowers his head to work on his laptop again.  

She is a little puzzled, but then it dawns on her - 

Today is the nation’s ‘birthday’, so it’s his special day as well.  

Wow!  Didn’t think he would love his home country this much!

After tidying the files, she goes to her room to get changed. She is meeting a few of her university friends today for shopping.  Surely Bo Jinyan would not be interested.  

“I’m leaving now.” She yells at the front door.

“Umm.” He replies “When are you coming back?”

Jian Yao answers: “I won’t be long.”  She pauses, and adds: “I won’t leave you to spend the first day of the holidays alone.”  

Bo Jinyan sits up straight on the sofa.  He curls the lips on his handsome face: “Of course you won’t.” He says in a lazy but dreamy voice.  

When you are in love, you start to miss the person the moment you part from him.   Jian Yao sits in the taxi.  The puffy white clouds hang high in the blue sky.  She thinks of her charming boyfriend.  Her heart is filled with joy.  

Even when he was injured, he never hides the intention of wanting advance to the next level in their relationship with her.  But in the past few days, they have been so busy that he seems to have forgotten.    

Oh, he is so childish, yet so cute.  

She is sure when he remembers… he will not hold back.

Oh, she’d better finds a place to hide herself.  

What Jian Yao doesn’t realise is that he has never forgotten about it.  It’s always on his mind. He is waiting for his injuries to completely heal.  He wants to be in top form to deliver the perfect first time experience for both of them. 

The moment she walks out of the front door, Bo Jinyan puts down his laptop and starts to pace around the house.  

Finally, their big day has arrived.  

He’s made all the necessary arrangements. She will be pleased.  

He called the Police Department earlier to make sure no one will be appearing out of the blue with their unsolved cases.  She might have noticed this already.