chapter 6

Steve's P.O.V

It was late and I had just got back from visiting Sam.

But as I walked into my apartment I realized I wasn't alone.

Sitting in a chair at my dining table was Nick Fury.

"I umm, don't remember giving you a key" I replied completely and utterly confused at his presence.

"Do you really think I need one? Anyway, my wife kicked me out" he replied while holding up his phone that had a message written on it: ears everywhere, can't risk the truth

He pulled his phone down and said "sorry to do this but I had nowhere else to crash" then he held up his phone again and it had a different message on it: S.H.I.E.L.D compromised

I decided to play along. "Who else knows about you and your wife?"

"just" he paused to hold up his phone you and me "my friends"

All of a sudden there was a crash and Nick cried in pain as he crashed to the floor. I knelt beside him to find a clean bullet wound in his back.

"don't...trust...anyone" Fury managed to wheeze out and hand me the USB before he passed out.

Next thing I knew there were agents storming into my apartment and kneeling down to help Fury.

"im going after him" I said to the agents and they all nodded as a stretcher was carried in.

I ran through the window, smashing the frame and pausing before I stopped to see a glint of metal and went sprinting after it.

But something hit me from above and I was on the ground in seconds. I looked up to see a figure in all black and the only thing you could see was his messy mouse brown hair, his toned arms and bright blue eyes but his eyes were different. They seemed in pain or anguish while the rest of his body was strong and confident.

I stood up to face him and realized he was quite small but I stereotyped his size completely because in the blink of an eye he jumped into the air and kicked me in the head so hard that I fell to the ground. I stood up on shaky legs and he just stared at me. I began getting blurred vision. For the first time ever since becoming a super soldier someone was able to beat me, and someone who I believed to be small and weak. But nevermind!

That's when I saw a glint of metal again and I threw my shield perfectly on target only for the target to easily catch the shield with one arm and that's when I realized his arm was made of metal.

Great. Two faceless criminals. Both were insanely strong and inhumanly talented in combat. The Avengers sure had chores to do now.

The guy with the metal arm threw back my shield and I caught it but something wrapped around my ankles and my legs were ripped out from under me.

When I came too there was no one around. I looked at my ankles and I was wrapped in some sort of sticky rope. A part of me thought it was spiderweb but that's not possible for spiderweb to be this thick. Where'd they go?

hehe