chapter 14

hey guys, i know i said i wouldn't post again today but i have another chapter ready so here it is 

xxoo

-Tiger

Chapter fourteen

Nat's P.O.V

My heart ached for Peter. The pain in his eyes physically hurt, it hurt to see the trauma behind his actions and innocent begging behind his pleading. My mind kept floating back to when he had begged me not to hurt him not even two hours ago and now we had to fight him, well not him exactly but a brainwashed nobody claiming host to Peter's mind.

When he looked up at Bucky, the instant lack of colour in Bucky's face said everything. And not moments later did Peter right hook Bucky across the side of the head and knock him out. He was being blasted at by Tony and easily dodging his blasts as if it were as easy as walking a dog.

Tony then sprung out a net that hooked to the ground and pinned him down and I acted as I knew I had mere moments before he broke through the flimsy wire. I leapt onto his back and ripped the web shooters from his wrists and threw them to the ground so hard that they shattered and Peter roared in fury and threw the net off of himself like it was made of paper. He then lunged at me and grabbed me around the neck as I shakily dropped my weapons and held my hands up in surrender but he continued to tighten his grip around me. Tony then came up from behind and stabbed him in the leg, Peter immediately let me go and I gasped for air, once I had caught my breath Tony hadn't just stabbed Peter with a knife but with a syringe that must have had the liquid to put him to sleep in it but it was now empty and Peter was struggling to continue keeping his eyes open. Once he collapsed to the floor Tony and I looked at each other.

"you okay?" he asked.

"yeah, you?" I responded dryly but he only nodded in return as he eyed the two unconscious assassins. One of which had been knocked out by the other.

"how are we gonna get them both back to the tower?" I asked.

"I'll fly Peter back because he weighs next to nothing and you wake up the soldier and help him walk to the tower."

"Okay, just...be careful with him," I said, talking about Peter.

"what do you think is gonna happen? I'll drop him? Nat, I carried a whole airship, I can handle a malnourished teenager." I couldn't help but role my eyes at his statement and once he had left the rooftop I walked over to Bucky.

"Bucky, come on, let's get you to bed" I said while shaking him but he didn't respond. I frowned and shook him harder. But he didn't wake up. I turned him over onto his side and gasped when I saw the side of his head where Peter had smacked him. It was black and blue with trails of blood coming from all different directions, the sight made me feel sick and I began to panic as I desperately searched for a pulse. When I found one I practically wilted with relief but there was no way he was going to wake up. I called Tony and he picked up straight away.

"Nat, is everything okay?" he asked

"Tony I need help, Bucky won't wake up and I think Peter hurt him more than we thought, his head looks bad." I literally screamed through the phone in a nervous panic.

"It's okay Nat, I'll be there in two minutes, stay on the rooftop."

Sure enough Tony was there with crazy speed and when he noticed Bucky's head he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Is he even still alive?" he asked, worry coating every inch of his question.

"yes, he has a pulse" but I was trying to convince myself as much as I was trying to convince Tony.

He picked him up and strung a line for me to hold onto to get us all back to the tower in one go.

Once we got back to the tower we immediately knew something was wrong.

"Were all those windows always broken?" Tony asked stupidly but I could tell he was panicking. All the lights on the residence floor had been switched off...or blown out.

When we landed through the broken window my heart sank and my stomach threatened to spill out of my mouth.

There was broken glass everywhere, the furniture was in pieces, the kitchen had been torn apart and one of the walls had caved in, but it wasn't the destruction that was horrifying. It was the bodies that lay under piles of rubble and in pools of blood. It wasn't security that lay on the ground either. It was The Avengers.

Steve lay unconscious beneath the caved in wall, Clint was laying near one of the windows with glass shards covering him from head to toe, Wanda was face-down in the kitchen with her arm at an odd angle, I began to shake uncontrollably and collapsed to the floor. They're gone. all dead. Peter killed them. I distantly heard Tony saying my name and then my mind was plunged into darkness.