chapter 19

Nat's P.O.V

After 22 long hours looking through Hydra files we finally found what might be a possible location. It was a long shot but it was a lead at least. It was an old photo of what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse with a small spray painted hydra symbol.

"Why is it always a warehouse?" Clint asked. "So cliche"

"Yeah well that cliche is going to get us to the hydra base where we can bring it down and find the rest of them and finally destroy Hydra for good."

"Good luck with that", we all turned as the new voice entered the room. Standing in the doorway was Bucky.

"What do you mean?" Wanda asked.

"Hydra has bases, labs, and camps all over the world. There are thousands in every country.it would be like trying to make ants go extinct, there will always be more."

"Well... that's annoying" Tony snarked.

We all nodded in agreement regardless of the situation.

"All we can focus on right now is getting to this base"- he pointed at the picture- "and rescue anyone in this one"

We all nodded again but more determined this time.

"It's a warehouse that supposedly makes "drain pipes" everyone suit up, let's get prepared this time." Tony said while swiftly making his way to the elevator.

I grabbed my taser disks and attached my dual batons to my belt.

On my way down to the hanger Wanda joined me wearing her usual leather pants and skirt.

"I still don't know how you manage to fight in a skirt," I laughed.

"Well, i've got to look stylish somehow" she chuckled in her thick sokovian accent.

We got in the jet and I began turning all the dials and pressing all the buttons to turn on the panel while everyone else came in and got seated. Tony pressed a button on his watch and the doors to the hanger opened and I steadily flew the jet out and followed the directions on the gps to the building.

Once I noticed we were close I decided to land a few kilometres away so that we wouldn't be noticed and cause alarms to go off. The aim was to sneak in for a surprise attack.

Tony, Sam and Rhodey flew to the building while Steve, Wanda and I ran after them.

When we were standing at the back of the building I connected my taser disks to my bracelet and pulled out my batons, ready for anything. Steve readied his shield, Sam and Bucky pulled out their guns, and Rodey and Tony warmed up their repulsors.

I silently opened the door and when I walked in my shoulders slumped. The place was empty.

"Wait what?" Sam sighed as he looked around.

"Well this sucks" Tony said through coms.

I continued to walk in circles looking for anything at all but the place was completely deserted and looked like it had been for a long time.

"There's nothing here, come on let's go." Rhodey said, but I could feel that something was off and I didn't want to leave yet.

I noticed Bucky looked uneasy too, we made eye contact and gave each other a nod to say that something was wrong.

"We can't leave." Wanda said.

"What? Why?" Rhodey asked, sounding impatient.

"I-I don't know, somethings not right." she stuttered.

Before we could assess anything further something flew down from the roof, landing on top of Rhodes and Tony. a net.

It plunged into the ground so that they couldn't move, then a sharp piercing noise was released and the rest of us keeled over from the pain throbbing in our heads.

We heard a thud and when I looked up, my stomach filled with dread as there stood Peter. He was wearing a tight long sleeve t-shirt, long black pants and a mask that covered his mouth so all we could see was his messy curly hair and piercing blue eyes.

Sam ran at him but he barely moved, he just thrust an uppercut into his abdomen that sent him flying into the back wall and slumping to the ground unconscious. He pulled a gun out of his belt and pointed it straight at me.

"Winter soldier" he said then looked at bucky. "Come with me now or I'll put a bullet through all their heads and then yours."

"Паук, мы можем Вам помочь." Bucky said with his hands in front of him. I understood what he said as "spider, we can help you"

He just stared blankly.

Wanda then took that moment to grab ahold of his mind, causing him to drop the gun and cry out in pain. He dropped to his knees and held his head in his hands.

Wanda then screamed and fell to the ground unconscious.

Peter, or spider, stood up and with inhumane speed ran at Steve, punched him in the face then kicked his legs out from under him.

It was now just the three of us, as much as i didn't want to hurt him i knew that i might have to,

'Think! Think! Think!' I cried to myself.

Then it hit me.

That could work.

If he even remembered. It was a long time ago.

I took a deep breath and whistled.

I saw the slightest movement in his facial features and his blue eyes faded to his doe brown that I knew so well.

He looked down at the gun in his hands then looked at all the unconscious avengers in the room and I saw panic flash through him.

He dropped his hand with the gun to his side and began backing away from me.

He was looking at me dead in the eyes and I could see a realisation in them that made me want to cry.

Then his features hardened again but his eyes stayed brown.

He brought the gun back up and aimed at my head.

"How do you know that?" he spat.

"It's me," I simply said.

He shook his head abruptly. "No, my sister died. I watched her die. Who are you?"

I didn't know what to say, how had he watched me die?

"WHO ARE YOU!" he screamed, getting obviously frustrated but i don't blame him, he was confused and lost and guilty.

"It's me! It's Natasha ''I begged and began moving closer to him.

He lowered the gun a little. "H-how? I watched you die"

"What do you mean you watched me die?" i asked

"I had been with Hydra for about a year and on my fifth birthday they allowed you to visit and when I cried when you were leaving they shot you in front of me."

I felt like I had just been punched in the mouth.

I shook my head, "I was told you were dead a week after I got to the red room. Whoever you saw get shot wasn't me." I had tears beginning to well in my eyes.

He opened his mouth to respond when he screamed and held his head in his hands. He began to twitch as if he was being electrocuted then his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell to the ground.  

Helllooooo!

i hope you liked this chapter, it felt so good to finally begin the plot :D

I'm planning on adding fluff soon, i promise. 

it is so dark and sad 😅

But I want it to get better 

I need you guys to please comment which ships you want😁 

Anyway, I hope you all have an amazing day and I'll see you Monday 😘

-Tiger