chapter 18

Nat's P.O.V

We were getting closer and closer to the base by the minute and it was making my stomach do front flips.

I had a really bad feeling about what we might find there and I honestly didn't want to know.

Way too quickly we were at the location Bucky had given us but were all slightly confused as we landed the jet and looked around at literally nothing but a massive paddock. We decided to spread out and look for clues as to where it might be.

I walked with Clint around the paddock looking for anything but there was absolutely nothing.

"Hey!" I looked up to see Tony yelling at Bucky "why'd you send us to the middle of nowhere?! We're looking for a hydra base, not cow shit!"

"It's here, I swear, it's underground." Bucky responded, sounding agitated.

"Alright well everyone look for a door or a slight change in pattern in the grass" i said as we all split apart again.

Clint had just started rambling on about how he had to clean up his new baby's vomit when I felt a slight drop in the ground. I knelt down and ripped out the grass which came out in one big slab. 'Fake' I mentally noted.

Underneath the grass was a metal door.

"Guys! I've got something!" I called out to everyone.

They all came over and as Steve was about to lift the door i stopped him, "wait, this is too easy" they all looked at me sceptically but then there was the deafening sound of gunshots and we all ducked into the long grass just in time before we would have been decorated in bullets.

Cap and Tony shielded us as we ran back to the jet. Once we were inside I fired the engine and waited for Tony and Steve. Bullets began spraying the ship and Clint was yelling at me to go.

"We can't leave them, Clint!" I yelled right back.

"You're not leaving anyone!" I whipped my head around and saw Tony and Steve running into the jet and before the door was fully closed I slammed my foot on the accelerator and we flew into the air.

"We were so close!" Steve cried in frustration.

"Yeah but we were also very close to dying!" Clint said in exasperation.

"Guys there's no point yelling about it, it's done, we're all safe but now we know to be better prepared and not let our guard down" I said steadily but I could physically feel my vocal chords shaking.

They all nodded and dropped the topic.

Once we got back to the compound Tony and I went into the lab to keep doing research on where the Hydra base could be.

We spent four hours down there going through the endless files we had been able to snag through SHIELD but found nothing.

"This is gonna sound crazy" Tony huffed and I looked up at him. "But maybe it would be worth a shot to try and hack into Hydra's files, they will most likely have more of what we need."

I hesitated for a moment but then nodded and took a deep breath. 'This is how we find Peter' I reminded myself.

He cracked his knuckles then started typing rapidly into his screen and muttering silently to himself.

"...and.....I'm in!" he said after about five minutes.

"What? Already? That was quick." I replied, honestly impressed.

He smirked at me with one eyebrow raised and I just rolled my eyes.

He started flicking through anything that might have something to do with a location.

But my eyes were drawn to a folder labelled: 'experiment 969458'

"Wait Tony, what's that?" I asked, pointing to it.

He clicked on it and my stomach dropped and my heart shattered into a million pieces.

This was Peter's file.

There was a picture of him smiling with his front teeth missing and brown curly hair was wild, like he had just woken up. That's exactly how I remember him from before we were sent away.

I scrolled down to look at the information. The file read:

Name: Peter Parker

Number: 969458

Age: 5yrs

Blood type: b+

Trial: subject went into cardiac arrest but soon calmed down and was a success

Log:

Day 1-subject had fever and cough

Day 2-subject claimed skin was burning

Day 3-subject went completely temporarily blind

Day 4-subject went temporarily deaf

Results:

-subject is able to stick to walls due to small microfibres in fingers

-subject can lift up to 4 tons

-subject can sense things before they happen

-subject has fast metabolism and healing properties

-subject is a successful mutant and will begin training

When we finished reading I then realised that I had tears welling in my eyes and when I blinked they all came pouring out, when I looked at Tony he also had tears staining his face.

"Jesus Christ." he huffed and stood up wiping his face. "I need another coffee, want one?"

I took a deep breath and looked away from the screen "got anything stronger?"

"You know I do," he smirked.

He walked out to get the drinks and I began reading through all of the other files that were labelled with 'experiment'. Each one was similar to Peter's except he was the only one who didn't die.

I had just opened about the 12th file when Tony walked back in with Wanda trailing behind.

She didn't say anything and just hugged me. You wouldn't think she's only 19. She's just so mature and kind and caring.

As I thought about what Wanda had been through in her short life I thought about Peter as well and I felt myself begin to swell with anger.

What is wrong with this world? 

hello everyone,

sorry this chapter took so long but i promise to follow my publishing schedule of twice a week on Monday and Thursday from now on ;)

anyway, I hope ya'll liked the chapter 

let me know what you think :D

I hope your all having a wonderful day and I'll see you Thursday

xxoo

-Tiger