Chapter Two

You were told by Moxie and Millie that wrath could be really warm at times so you decided to wear a black pair of shorts with stylistic rips and tears, a black crop top that was loose enough to be comfortable and a red and black flannel around your arms. You also had on knee high black laced boots. Feeling confident, you packed your things and headed to the IMP headquarters to meet up with your coworkers.

"I'm so excited for the Harvest Moon Festival! Y'all are gonna love it!" Millie exclaimed. Moxie looked out the window, a concerned look on his face.

"Your parents don't still hate me, do they?" He asked.

"No Mox, they don't hate you, they're just the type to exhibit tough love. They'll come around eventually."

"She means they hate you because you're not tough." Loona replied, not missing a beat. Blitzo pulled up to the farm and parked the van. You climbed out of the back with everyone else and followed Millie over to her parents. She introduced everyone to her parents and made her way over to introducing you.

"This is (Y/N). She started working as our secretary recently." You sighed, knowing her family wasn't going to take you seriously either.

"Y'all haven't met our newest help yet. Striker!" Next thing you knew, the ground was shaking from the vibrations of hooves running the direction of the group. A tall, attractive looking imp was riding a flaming hell-horse towards everyone. The horse reared up when he pulled the reins and he hopped off, introducing himself.

"Well howdy! Well looky here! You must be the famous Mildred! Heard a lot of good things about you from your folks little lady. What are y'all doing so far away from imp city? Is the free working finally slowing down?" The imp named Striker said, shaking Millie's hand.

"Oh no, freelance isn't free, it's...nevermind. We're just visiting for the festival. The prince is our boss's boyfriend!" Millie said in a teasing tone.

"Millie, I'm not above hitting a female in front of her daddy." Blitzo said, gaining Striker's attention.

"Boss huh? Oh, so you're the bold imp who started his own killin biz!" Blitzo was taken aback, not used to positive recognition from other imps.

"Yeah, well when you're good at something you should probably capitalize."

"Not many imps start businesses on their own. That's pretty impressive sir." You got the feeling Striker was practicing the art of kissing ass given that no one ever had anything nice to say about Blitzo, but maybe that was just a part of his personality.

"Oh...uh, yeah? I guess it is, isn't it?" It was only a matter of time before the compliment would go to his head.

"So you even khaned that ditzy blue blood into getting you to the surface?" He began shaking Blitzo's hand.

"Well it's long and complicated but the short answer is yes. But he's not like, you know, We're not doing...we, what's between us, it's a transactional fucking, you see." You rolled your eyes, knowing he was full of shit. Millie's parents started talking about the Pain Games, ultimately catching the interest of Blitzo and Moxie. While Millie's parents were talking to Blitzo, Millie and Moxie, Striker turned his attention to you.

"And who might you be?" His smirk had your hair standing on edge.

"(Y/N)." He held a hand out to you.

"Well then, it's a pleasure to meet you, (Y/N). Where are you from?" You felt hesitant to answer that one, not wanting to talk about your mother and the dead beat father that walked out on her and you when you were an infant.